Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:06 pm

Muchi me wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 pm
Hi can anyone help me with my assessment please. I'm struggling on this part.

1. Undertake an analysis of the environmental sustainability of the service, considering factors such as nature, waste, energy and toxins and provide a sustainability management plan.
- Is there any specific template for sustainability management plan?. What do I need to include in the plan?

2. Identify and outline indicators and circumstances that could relate to risk of harm in children or young people.
Identify appropriate responses to risk of harm for educator working in an early childhood education service. Describe the duty of care responsibilities of an educator.

Thank you!

Hi! Just wanted to confirm I helped you privately with these responses!

:geek:,
Lorina

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Sat May 14, 2022 10:49 pm

jimmyjim wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:07 pm
Thanks Lorina for your response.

But is there anything which we can read to understand the laws and regulations.

Thanks
Hi jimmyjim, have u had ur test yet?

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Wed May 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi all great news it looks like the CCS application process in VIC is starting to move again after pretty much slowing to hold during Covid 👌

provider and service approvals are still processing slower than normal, hopefully these start speeding up as well

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 18, 2022 9:51 pm

LilliputLearners wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:10 pm
Hi all great news it looks like the CCS application process in VIC is starting to move again after pretty much slowing to hold during Covid 👌

provider and service approvals are still processing slower than normal, hopefully these start speeding up as well

Thanks for the update! There must be a backlog to get through since dealing with COVID so it may still take longer than usual. Hopefully once it's cleared it should be much faster!

Lorina

nahqan

Post by nahqan » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:13 pm

got exam on Tuesday can i get help ?

INDU@25

Post by INDU@25 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:50 pm

nahqan wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:13 pm
got exam on Tuesday can i get help ?
Hi Nahqan, When you have lodge the application for assessment? I am waiting for the response for 2 months now.
Thank you

INDU@25

Post by INDU@25 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:59 pm

Hi Nahqan,

When did you lodge the application?
I am waiting for 2 months for response.

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:18 am

Hi all I’m happy to have a chat for anyone wanting to or are going though the approval processes, I’ve gone though them. Michelle 0433546417

The Provider Approval Test is about your understanding of how to manage a service, it assesses your understand it not only your legal responsibility and ability to identify non compliance but also the actions need to taken to adequately address it at a service wide level and what does good practice look like

Service Approval is all about the policies and procedure -you can use templates though these must be tailored to how ur service will operate

CCS APPROVAL, this is the big one, biggest mistake applicants make is submitting the service approval policies as these address the NQF and NOT the family assistance law in any detail. U also need to say the how not just state the Responsibility. For example instead of saying that as the provider you will be responsible for registration of educators you need to say how you do this, paper or online, who and how documents are collected, if FDC is it the coordinators or educators, what is ur criteria, interview process - by who? When will u not register an educator? Who will enters details into CCSS, via PEP software or 3rd party etc? If you are waiting for CCS approval and you have done this, i strongly suggest improve ur application and resubmit

Hope this gives some guidance all the best

JCam

Post by JCam » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:34 pm

Hi All,

I am going for my Provider Approval assessment on the 20th of July 2022. Im in Brisbane Qld.

1. Does anyone know if there are tests specific to people seeking Provider Approval for either Family Day Care's or a Centre Based Day Care's? I want to open/buy a Centre.

2. Has anyone recently completed an assessment in Qld and cazn you share the Q's you were asked?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:38 pm

JCam wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:34 pm
Hi All,

I am going for my Provider Approval assessment on the 20th of July 2022. Im in Brisbane Qld.

1. Does anyone know if there are tests specific to people seeking Provider Approval for either Family Day Care's or a Centre Based Day Care's? I want to open/buy a Centre.

2. Has anyone recently completed an assessment in Qld and cazn you share the Q's you were asked?

Hi!

From what I understand the Provider Approval is the same whether it's for FDC or LDC. As for the questions I'm not sure...

This may help:

Assessment For Provider Approval

Lorina

JCam

Post by JCam » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 pm

Thank you!

Quick question...

I notice the National Law Act states:

162A Persons in day-to-day charge and nominated supervisors to have child protection training
The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that each nominated supervisor and each person in day-to-day charge of the service has successfully completed the child protection
training (if any) required by or under the law of this jurisdiction, a Government protocol applying to the approved provider in this jurisdiction or otherwise required by this jurisdiction

Q - Is child protection training mandatory in Qld for approved providers, nominated supervisors and all staff? I cant find anywhere it states whether or not it is a requirement in QLD.

Hurryguru au

Post by Hurryguru au » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi, what state are from? when will you be sitting for your test?

Hurryguru au

Post by Hurryguru au » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi, what state are from? when will you be sitting for your test?

Hurryguru au

Post by Hurryguru au » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:34 pm

has anyone recently gone for assessment for approved provider of family day care.
I have a question related to written response for-applicant questionnaire. What kind of questions they can ask.and response is it in essay writing. any word limitation.
Would appropriate help and any clues.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:17 pm

JCam wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 pm
Thank you!

Quick question...

I notice the National Law Act states:

162A Persons in day-to-day charge and nominated supervisors to have child protection training
The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that each nominated supervisor and each person in day-to-day charge of the service has successfully completed the child protection
training (if any) required by or under the law of this jurisdiction, a Government protocol applying to the approved provider in this jurisdiction or otherwise required by this jurisdiction

Q - Is child protection training mandatory in Qld for approved providers, nominated supervisors and all staff? I cant find anywhere it states whether or not it is a requirement in QLD.

I found the following:

To meet the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, early childhood professionals who work with children need to be aware of the existence and application of current child protection laws and relevant obligations.

Under the National Regulations

Awareness of child protection law

The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that nominated supervisors and staff members at the service who work with children are advised of—

(a) the existence and application of the current child protection law; and
(b) any obligations that they may have under that law.

I also found a free training course for you:

Child Protection Free Training

Hope this helps!

Lorina

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:46 pm

Hurryguru au wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:34 pm
has anyone recently gone for assessment for approved provider of family day care.
I have a question related to written response for-applicant questionnaire. What kind of questions they can ask.and response is it in essay writing. any word limitation.
Would appropriate help and any clues.
Hi there, have you had your test yet, type of questions and format depends on what state you are in, more than happy to help please feel free to call me 0433546417

Daniellehaytch

Post by Daniellehaytch » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:39 am

Hey I sat the provider approval assessment online almost 2 months ago I walked out pretty confident in my answers in the exam, today i got a call saying that they will be doing a interview with me they stated “ The further review will cover the following areas: Your familiarity with the National Law and National Regulations and its practical application.”

As anyone been through this process is this a bad or good thing can anyone give me any advice on what to expect

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:53 am

Void
Last edited by LilliputLearners on Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:56 am

Daniellehaytch wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:39 am
Hey I sat the provider approval assessment online almost 2 months ago I walked out pretty confident in my answers in the exam, today i got a call saying that they will be doing a interview with me they stated “ The further review will cover the following areas: Your familiarity with the National Law and National Regulations and its practical application.”

As anyone been through this process is this a bad or good thing can anyone give me any advice on what to expect
Hi there

Did u sit a straight multi choice exam? If so I believe the interview will be to cover the scenario based questions. It is to test ur understanding of what actions u need to take for both identified non-complianceand service wide to ensure that it never happens again such policy reviews etc.

Please feel free to contact me cheers 0433546417

ABoctor

Post by ABoctor » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:23 am

Daniellehaytch wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:39 am

Would you be able to help with any information about the assessment? Are the questions direct or is it designed to confuse you?
I have my exam next month and I would appreciate any directions on what to expect.
Thank you