Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Jyka

Performance Rating and ... Scaling?

Post by Jyka » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 am

Hi! I'm new here in this forum. I have a question regards with performace rating that occurs every end of the year.

Is it right to rate the educators in the room by the room leaders (dioloma) or ECT than the management doing it? Is it ethical nor technical if will consider it based on qualifications too? I am new to the industry (2yrs) and I would like to hear from the experienced and kniwledgable persons here. Thank you

Lorina

Re: Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Well from experience performance reviews are conducted by both room leaders and the management. For example, if you are the assistant in the room you would have a performance review with the room leader and the director.

The reason why is that you are working directly with the room leader so they are the best to judge your performance.

:geek:,
Lorina

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:02 pm

Error

LilliputLearners

Post by LilliputLearners » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:09 pm

ABoctor wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:23 am
Daniellehaytch wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:39 am
Hey I sat the provider approval assessment online almost 2 months ago I walked out pretty confident in my answers in the exam, today i got a call saying that they will be doing a interview with me they stated “ The further review will cover the following areas: Your familiarity with the National Law and National Regulations and its practical application.”

As anyone been through this process is this a bad or good thing can anyone give me any advice on what to expect
Would you be able to help with any information about the assessment? Are the questions direct or is it designed to confuse you?
I have my exam next month and I would appreciate any directions on what to expect.
Thank you
Hi there, yes for most of the questions u need to refer to the wording within the related regulations or sections to be able to correctly answer. High fail rate on first attempt. u need a deep understanding of content plus speed at navigating the law and regs. I’m more than happy to answer any of your questions cheers

Mechail

Post by Mechail » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:22 pm

Hello,

I am transitioning from my career as a pharmacist to becoming a childcare provider. However, I am unsure about the necessary steps involved in this process. I have been searching online for resources to guide me, but I was wondering if you have any recommendations for courses, organizations, or individuals that I could reach out to for assistance. Any resource material you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Mechail

Post by Mechail » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:11 pm

Hello,
I would like to apply for provider approval. Is there any material I need to study? if anyone can suggest any steps, that would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:49 am

Mechail wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:22 pm
Hello,

I am transitioning from my career as a pharmacist to becoming a childcare provider. However, I am unsure about the necessary steps involved in this process. I have been searching online for resources to guide me, but I was wondering if you have any recommendations for courses, organizations, or individuals that I could reach out to for assistance. Any resource material you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Hi,

This may help:

Becoming An Approved Provider

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:50 am

Mechail wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:11 pm
Hello,
I would like to apply for provider approval. Is there any material I need to study? if anyone can suggest any steps, that would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this.

This may help: Becoming An Approved Provider

Lorina

Helend77
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by Helend77 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Hello,
I have just read through this forum and saw that all the questions are from a couple of years ago. I recently sat the assessment and have been notified my results did not satisfy the threshold, even though my raw score is sitting on 73 per cent accuracy so naturally I am very disappointed and frustrated to say the least. The staff on the day are reluctant to tell you what the pass mark even is. I really dread the thought having to re sit the exam and take more time off work, but I recall seeing somewhere online that there is a woman who runs a preparation for the assessment course.. Would anyone in Sydney have this information handy please??? Thank you in advance! Helen.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:34 pm

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass. Unfortunately, not many providers who have sat through the assessment will share details of the exam so it's really hard to find any information. The information provided here is only little of what we have gathered. We have tried so many times to find information on the types of questions that will be asked and what they are in relation too, not to share answers but to better prepare you for the exam.

From the NSW Department Of Education in regard to the assessment exam states:

"The NSW Department of Education will require applicants to complete the new online multiple-choice assessment which will include a range of questions about the National Law and National Regulations, and the responsibilities and obligations of an approved provider.

The purpose of this change is to promote the safety, health and wellbeing of children, and improve children’s educational outcomes when they attend an education and care service.

The new online assessment will also streamline applications through the use of new technologies"

Ref: Provider Application Process

In regards to preparation courses, I did find one however that is going to set you back almost $2000! If the questions are primarily about the responsibilities and obligations of an approved provider I'll see if I can dig up some information on that to share with you.

Also, if you can also let me know the types of questions - you can send me an email directly lorina@aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au just so I can get an understanding of the type of information to look for.

I'm happy to assist however I can!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:36 pm

For Provider Approval Preparation check Platinum Education

Lorina

Ree8996

Post by Ree8996 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I will be going in tomorrow to do my provider approval. I just had one question for those who have done the exam and who also hold a childcare educator diploma or relevant qualification. Was it easy? Or was there still questions that were pretty hard?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Ree8996 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:08 pm
Hello everyone,

I will be going in tomorrow to do my provider approval. I just had one question for those who have done the exam and who also hold a childcare educator diploma or relevant qualification. Was it easy? Or was there still questions that were pretty hard?

How did you go?

Did you find it difficult or easy?

What were the questions like?

Lorina

Ree8996

Post by Ree8996 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:33 am

It was alright nothing to stress about that’s for sure although the time limit did make it stressful. So for anyone taking it make sure to use your time wisely!

JackieL

Post by JackieL » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:29 pm

Hello everyone.... I too have recently put in my application for provider approval. May I know what are the common questions asked? Reading thru this forum thread I am getting very nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:06 pm

JackieL wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:29 pm
Hello everyone.... I too have recently put in my application for provider approval. May I know what are the common questions asked? Reading thru this forum thread I am getting very nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.

As per the ACECQA website:

Knowledge assessment and/or interview

Before making a determination on your application you may be asked to complete an online multiple-choice knowledge assessment and/or interview determining your understanding of the requirements under the National Law and Family Assistance Law.

The 75-minute National Law assessment consists of 46 multiple choice questions.
The 110-minute Family Assistance Law assessment consists of 25 multiple choice questions.

To prepare for a knowledge assessment, you can complete the National Law & Child Care Subsidy Approval Course designed to help you understand your responsibilities as an approved provider.

Here is the course:
National Law & Child Care Subsidy Approval Course

For more information: Provider Approval

Lorina

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Lorina wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:06 pm
JackieL wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:29 pm

As per the ACECQA website:

Knowledge assessment and/or interview

Before making a determination on your application you may be asked to complete an online multiple-choice knowledge assessment and/or interview determining your understanding of the requirements under the National Law and Family Assistance Law.

The 75-minute National Law assessment consists of 46 multiple choice questions.
The 110-minute Family Assistance Law assessment consists of 25 multiple choice questions.

To prepare for a knowledge assessment, you can complete the National Law & Child Care Subsidy Approval Course designed to help you understand your responsibilities as an approved provider.

Here is the course:
National Law & Child Care Subsidy Approval Course

For more information: Provider Approval

Lorina
Hi Lorina,

I was supplied the link to this course by Regulatory Authorities along with a few other links to sources of materials (guide to NQF, NLNR, etc) to prepare for the materials. I've just completed my assessment to become AP yesterday while mostly relying on this course for my preparation.
Just so you and others on this forum know, this course is good however it isn't thorough and one shouldn't solely rely on it. The MCQs at the end of each chapter of the course are of very minimal difficulty level as compared to those being faced in the actual assessment. I've also noticed few detailed topics that some questions were based upon, were not included in the course, and I only had to guess the answers.
I'm very certain I won't pass this assignment and have already started reading to reappear.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 am

Hi Lorina,

I was supplied the link to this course by Regulatory Authorities along with a few other links to sources of materials (guide to NQF, NLNR, etc) to prepare for the materials. I've just completed my assessment to become AP yesterday while mostly relying on this course for my preparation.
Just so you and others on this forum know, this course is good however it isn't thorough and one shouldn't solely rely on it. The MCQs at the end of each chapter of the course are of very minimal difficulty level as compared to those being faced in the actual assessment. I've also noticed few detailed topics that some questions were based upon, were not included in the course, and I only had to guess the answers.
I'm very certain I won't pass this assignment and have already started reading to reappear.
Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback in regard to the course by ACECQA. It doesn't look like there seems to be any support for AP's to pass this assessment. I will still continue to look for materials that may help.

Lorina

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:59 pm

Hi,
Can someone please share if there's a time limit for an applicant to reapply for provider approval following a refusal?
Thanks in advance.

KylieMc

Post by KylieMc » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:05 pm

How are organisational standards, policies, and procedures influenced by child protection legislation, and what are the most important procedures relating to an educator