Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
JackieL

Re: Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by JackieL » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:42 am

JackieL wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:29 pm
Hello everyone.... I too have recently put in my application for provider approval. May I know what are the common questions asked? Reading thru this forum thread I am getting very nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi everyone.... Just a follow-on from my recent post. I attended the online assessment about a month ago (Sept 2023) and just received a call this morning requesting that I attend an interview with a panel consisting of 3 persons from the Department. No indications were given to me about my scores re. online assessment.

May i know if anyone has gone through this process (interview after online assessment) and is this to be looked at as positive and what sort of questions should I expect to be asked?

Thanking everyone in advance.

PS: I too found the online assessment to be tricky especially the scenario questions relating to the National Laws and Regulations.

BZ95

Post by BZ95 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:00 am

JackieL wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:42 am
JackieL wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:29 pm
Hello everyone.... I too have recently put in my application for provider approval. May I know what are the common questions asked? Reading thru this forum thread I am getting very nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi everyone.... Just a follow-on from my recent post. I attended the online assessment about a month ago (Sept 2023) and just received a call this morning requesting that I attend an interview with a panel consisting of 3 persons from the Department. No indications were given to me about my scores re. online assessment.

May i know if anyone has gone through this process (interview after online assessment) and is this to be looked at as positive and what sort of questions should I expect to be asked?

Thanking everyone in advance.

PS: I too found the online assessment to be tricky especially the scenario questions relating to the National Laws and Regulations.
Hi, which state are you in?

Rozy

Post by Rozy » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:42 pm

HI

I hope this message finds you well. I am preparing for my childcare provider exam and could use guidance from those with experience in the field. The exam is online now, and I am trying to determine whether this is an open-book exam and whether I can take my notes.

Additionally, it would be beneficial if you have any advice on effective study strategies or if you could share your own experiences in preparing for a childcare provider exam.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am grateful to be a part of this community and look forward to learning from your expertise.

Best regards,

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:48 pm

Hi Rozy,

This is the information I found on the Department Of Education website:

The assessment consists of randomised multiple-choice questions.

The assessment is open book, and participants can access the National Law and National Regulations, and ACECQA's Guide to the National Quality Framework via PDF on the online assessment platform. No other resources are permitted to be used during the assessment.

The assessment questions are derived directly from the National Law and National Regulations. To ensure you are well prepared, we suggest that you familiarise yourself with the National Law and Regulations ahead of the assessment. ACECQA's Guide to the National Quality Framework is intended to be used as a guide only.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Noa123

Post by Noa123 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:53 pm

Hi Lorina,
i need help with this assessment question
Marlee (two) is living in foster care. The foster family has provided court documentation that states that Marlee is currently in protective care, and the family is not to contact Marlee until further investigation is conducted. One morning, Marlee’s parents arrive at the service demanding that they see their daughter. The Director clearly states that they have court orders on file that prevent the parents from contacting Marlee. The Director can smell alcohol on the breath of both parents, and therefore, requests that they leave the premises, or the police would be called upon. The parents become agitated and start to raise their voices and threaten the Director. In the meantime, the Administration staff call the police for emergency assistance.

3. What steps can the educators take to protect Marlee and the other children in care while waiting for the police to arrive?

Rozy

Post by Rozy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:26 pm

Thanks, Lorina

Rozy

Post by Rozy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:42 pm

Ree8996 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:08 pm
Hello everyone,

I will be going in tomorrow to do my provider approval. I just had one question for those who have done the exam and who also hold a childcare educator diploma or relevant qualification. Was it easy? Or was there still questions that were pretty hard?

Hi

How was your exam and what questions you got?

Rozy

Post by Rozy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I am based in WA and sitting for my approved provider test tomorrow.

I am very nervous. Anyone else from WA is here sitting for the exam.

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:04 am

Hi Rozy,

I'm sure you will be fine... just make sure that you have revised the National Law and National Regulations and the National Quality Framework... the questions should be based on these...

Good Luck!

Let me know how it goes!

Lorina

Rozy

Post by Rozy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 am

Thanks, Lorina 😊

Virginia

Post by Virginia » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:54 pm

Hi Rozy,

I hope you did well on your test.
Do you mind sharing how everything is going?

Would really appreciate that!

Regards, Virginia

hannahel

Post by hannahel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:30 pm

Lorina wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Muchi me wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 pm
Hi can anyone help me with my assessment please. I'm struggling on this part.

1. Undertake an analysis of the environmental sustainability of the service, considering factors such as nature, waste, energy and toxins and provide a sustainability management plan.
- Is there any specific template for sustainability management plan?. What do I need to include in the plan?

2. Identify and outline indicators and circumstances that could relate to risk of harm in children or young people.
Identify appropriate responses to risk of harm for educator working in an early childhood education service. Describe the duty of care responsibilities of an educator.

Thank you!

Hi! Just wanted to confirm I helped you privately with these responses!

Lorina

can I please get some help in inserting these questions?

Preetichana

Post by Preetichana » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:24 pm

he rozy did you have to take a business plan with you.

jono0707
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by jono0707 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Hi guys,

Im sitting for my provider exam in March and would like to know if there are any practice eams i can look at. This is my second time im sitting exam. Its very tricky so this time i want to be prepared.

Please help.

Thanks

Steve

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Anonymous Post:

I'm preparing for my second online assessment and I would like to share my experience to help others who are looking for information regarding this.

Scenario question:
You arrived at the service at 8.30 am and noticed there were two educators ( 1 cert 3 educator and 1 working towards diploma educator) with 8 (under 24 months, 1 (36 months) and 1 (4 years old) children.

Question 1: What regulation has been breached? followed by 4 options.
(Note: This type of question asking for the regulation number/ section number appears in all the MCQ type questions too).
Some options were more tricky as they can be presented in this way
( A: Regulations 161, Section 2, Part 4.
B: Regulation 161.
C: Regulation 161A, Section 4 etc - it takes some time to read through all to cross check with the law and regulation and the section..arghhh)

Could you please suggest a strategy to remember these sections and regulations. Is there a pattern to match the sections in the law to the requlations? I'm stressed about this because memorising numbers is not my best attribute. I need to see a pattern otherwise it is just jumbled up numbers to me ..Haha..

Question 2: How many educators should be actively supervising the children? 4 options.

There were 4 or 5 questions for one scenario.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:29 pm

jono0707 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:15 pm
Hi guys,

Im sitting for my provider exam in March and would like to know if there are any practice eams i can look at. This is my second time im sitting exam. Its very tricky so this time i want to be prepared.

Please help.

Thanks

Steve
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, there are no practice exams.

Lorina