Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
perthdad

Re: Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by perthdad » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:45 pm

I have found this forum helpful over the last year whilst preparing for my provider approval and I have been lurking here. Based in WA - I failed the first time, second time and just got my approval the third time.

First time I prepared using the joined up practice test, only to be shocked by the indepth nature and reference to regulations. Second time I was all over the place reading the regulations, the law, NQF framework etc

Through this forum Lorina mentioned a business called Platinum Education (https://www.platinumed.com.au/) - wasn't really sure what to expect but was worried (more desperate) failing 3rd time - this was the best thing I did - my background is in finance and business law but no experience in childcare so that was a challenge. Leeza at Platinum Education was very good. About 9 hours of video and a practice test. I found it helpful the way the training was structured and the practice tests - this enabled me to prepare in the right way (this was the key - the second time I was trying to go through more than 1,000 pages).

Third time I completed the exam with two minutes remaining - because I was able to answer the easy questions faster and checking the regulations. I am sharing this because perhaps if I knew this earlier it may have helped.

Thanks all for your help and happy to answer any questions, and best of luck to those preparing.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:26 pm

perthdad wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:45 pm
I have found this forum helpful over the last year whilst preparing for my provider approval and I have been lurking here. Based in WA - I failed the first time, second time and just got my approval the third time.

First time I prepared using the joined up practice test, only to be shocked by the indepth nature and reference to regulations. Second time I was all over the place reading the regulations, the law, NQF framework etc

Through this forum Lorina mentioned a business called Platinum Education (https://www.platinumed.com.au/) - wasn't really sure what to expect but was worried (more desperate) failing 3rd time - this was the best thing I did - my background is in finance and business law but no experience in childcare so that was a challenge. Leeza at Platinum Education was very good. About 9 hours of video and a practice test. I found it helpful the way the training was structured and the practice tests - this enabled me to prepare in the right way (this was the key - the second time I was trying to go through more than 1,000 pages).

Third time I completed the exam with two minutes remaining - because I was able to answer the easy questions faster and checking the regulations. I am sharing this because perhaps if I knew this earlier it may have helped.

Thanks all for your help and happy to answer any questions, and best of luck to those preparing.

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think most people are wondering, who is sitting for the provider approval exam, is what is actually in the exam? What do you need to prepare? What type of questions are asked? You mentioned referring to the Regulations and Framework, do they give you a specific regulation to find? If you could give some information about this, that would be helpful.

:geek:,
Lorina

perthdad

Post by perthdad » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:33 pm

I am based in WA - but from what I know the exam is national (but could be tailored to different states).

The provider exam is for anyone seeking to open a daycare - it is one of the requirements in addition to Service Approval, CC approval etc

The invite to the exam gives you materials to reference to - The National Law, The Regulations, NQF Framework, Belonging, Being and Becoming etc. We were also provided a hard copy of the Law and Regulations. This is a lot of information and without knowing what to prepare it could be cumbersome.

The questions were based 100% on national law and regulations - and were very specific with specific references to either the national law or the regulations. Chapter 4 of the regulations - the 7 areas - i think this is where the training helped.

Also the time could be short if you can't get around the regulations quick enough - that's where I found the training very important.

Hope this helps.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:46 pm

Thanks for sharing!

:geek:,
Lorina