CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
belinda89

CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

Post by belinda89 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Briefly explain how western systems and structures impact on the engagement of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people with community services/ service providers.

I'm not understanding ( how western systems and structures impact) what does this mean?

belinda89

Re: CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

Post by belinda89 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 pm

the link helps a little thanks. I'm still not understanding what it ment by western system?

belinda89

Re: CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

Post by belinda89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:34 pm

thanks so much I got it

Kim Bui

Post by Kim Bui » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 am

I choose the recourse is the Wombat wobble song and I need to answer the question how this recourse link to the EYLF and NQS give 2 examples for each. Can you please help me
Thank you

Darell

Post by Darell » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:13 am

Hi Lorina,

I have trouble with my assignment can you please enlighten me.

Q: How might communication and the work environment be affected by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural factors?

My answer: Communication and work environment will maintain a high quality of service. Which means supporting an individual's cultural, linguistic and spiritual needs/preferences.

and my assessor said "I can see you have suggested some strategies. The question is asking HOW communication and work environment will be affected by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural factors. What is something that they have is different to others in terms of communication and work environment".

could you help me with this please.

thank you,

Darell

teau

Post by teau » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi, I’m stuck on this three questions my brain can’t comprehend... :?:
Question 7.
Locate the policies and procedures in your Service setting that deal with interactions with children, in particular having regard to family and cultural values and participation in the service (See National Regulations 168(2) and 155(e).
Describe how these policies and procedures guide staff to interact and communicate with families and children in a way that encourages diversity and respects cultural differences.

Question 8.
Imagine your community has a large Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population. What are some steps that your Service could take to make sure that your information is culturally acceptable and easily understood by this community?

Question 10.
Provide two examples of when you have explored with children their culture, heritage, background and/or tradition. Describe the interactions. Note: At least one of these examples must relate to a child/children from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background. If you have not had experience with a child of this background you will needs to provide examples of how they would explore their culture, heritage, background or tradition if given the opportunity.
Thanks a lot.
A little help may do.🙏🙏🙏

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:08 am

Q7: Policies and Procedures

Q8: Working With ATSI People

Q10: Pretty self-explanatory. Give me examples and Ill confirm if they are right.

:geek:,
Lorina

aprilrose22

CHC30113 Student assessment kit questions - cluster 2

Post by aprilrose22 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi I'm new here, my names April and I'm from Adelaide.

I was wondering if someone could help me with some guidance for 2 questions I'm stuck on.

10. How does National Quality Area Five: Relationships with children, relate to the Early Years Learning Framework? Give examples for Element 5.1 and 5.2.
For Q10 I'm unsure where to find elements 5.1 and 5.2, is that on the website where quality area 5 is or elewhere?

12. Identify three organisational standards, policies or procedures that would relate to observing, interacting and guiding children’s behaviour.
For Q12 my trainer/assessor did give me some guidance but I'm still very confused where to find information for both these questions.

Thank you, I hope you can help me (:

teau

Post by teau » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:32 pm

Okay.
Question 10.
My answer:
As a group we had a discussion on how the Aboriginal people were the first people in Australia. That they are the Indigenous people and that everyone else has a different cultural background.
We encourage the children to share something from their own cultural background.
ie. their language, customs or foods.
Then we discussed the indigenous people’s cultural beliefs: ie. the rainbow serpent and Aboriginal flag.
That Australia has a diverse cultural mix and that Australian Aboriginals were the first people and learnt that there are many cultural days and groups to help in the interaction of the cultures.
ie. Naidoc week and Dept. of Aboriginal Affairs.
Thanks.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Is your response for Q10 above posted by Aprilrose22?

Lorina

teau

Post by teau » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Hi Lorina
No. That answer I posted on April 08 2020 is for the question 10 which I posted on April 01 2020.
Could you please check if it correct.
Thanks,
Teau.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Thank you clarifying!

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

Lorina

teau

Post by teau » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:22 am

Thanks Lorina 🙏

shoncini

Post by shoncini » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi Lorina,

I am really stuck on this first question

To create culturally safe environments and programs for children and families, services need to ensure they are liaising with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Answer the following questions relating to culturally safe environments and programs. Indicate in the space provided which question you are answering.

a) Research and list three (3) organisations that a service could contact and involve, when attempting to include Aboriginal perspectives into their service to create a culturally safe environment.

b) List four (4) key factors involved in developing cultural competence and creating culturally safe services for Indigenous people.

What are some organisations?

And some key factors?

Thanks Shontelle

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:57 pm

shoncini wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:06 pm
Hi Lorina,

I am really stuck on this first question

To create culturally safe environments and programs for children and families, services need to ensure they are liaising with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Answer the following questions relating to culturally safe environments and programs. Indicate in the space provided which question you are answering.

a) Research and list three (3) organisations that a service could contact and involve, when attempting to include Aboriginal perspectives into their service to create a culturally safe environment.

b) List four (4) key factors involved in developing cultural competence and creating culturally safe services for Indigenous people.

What are some organisations?

And some key factors?

Thanks Shontelle

The following may help:
Engaging With Aboriginal Communities

Cultural Safety

Hope this helps!

Lorina

shoncini

Post by shoncini » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Thank you

And also can you just guide me on answering this question.

The cultural needs diagram found in your reading ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Cultural Needs’ explains the different aspects of cultural connection that act as a ‘map’ for an individual’s personal identity.

For each element within the cultural needs diagram, list four (4) examples of how it applies to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Indicate in the space provided which element you are providing an answer for.

a) History

b) Personal Identity

c) Extended family and community

d) Land and water

e) Cultural expression

f) Cultural values, beliefs and practices

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:22 pm

shoncini wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:11 pm
Thank you

And also can you just guide me on answering this question.

The cultural needs diagram found in your reading ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Cultural Needs’ explains the different aspects of cultural connection that act as a ‘map’ for an individual’s personal identity.

For each element within the cultural needs diagram, list four (4) examples of how it applies to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Indicate in the space provided which element you are providing an answer for.

a) History

b) Personal Identity

c) Extended family and community

d) Land and water

e) Cultural expression

f) Cultural values, beliefs and practices

See if the following helps:

Walking Togther

Lorina