finished

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
syakira
Helper
Helper

finished

Post by syakira » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 am

Hi everybody,

I've just completed my Diploma and looking forward to a fresh start next year. I really enjoyed this website and always recommend it to other students and childcare professionals.

bye
Syakira

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: finished

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Congrats.
Good luck with everything

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Just wanted to say congrats!

Macoola

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats syakira

Now that you are done what words of wisdom can you offer other students studying their Diploma?
What worked for you??
What made it harder for you??
What's the 1 piece of advice you wish you had been given at the beginning of your study journey??

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 am

Hi Syakira,

Im very happy to hear you completed your diploma... Have you found a job for next year yet?

Thanks for your continued support on this site and Im sure you will make a great team member wherever you choose to go!

I wish you all the best for the future and Im sure Ill see you around the forum! :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi Lindy T,

Thanks. Here are my answers

Now that you are done what words of wisdom can you offer other students studying their Diploma?
- Study hard to achieve a High Distinction. Don't be happy with just passing the assignment. The more effort you put into assignments, work experience, the more you learn. At the end YOU will be the one that will benefit.

What worked for you??
- Starting assignments early and asking the teacher questions that I weren't sure about.
- Also during assignments I would update the referencing page.
- work experience, take initiative and don't wait for the staff to tell you what to do. Interact with the children and try to extend their play or learning experience by providing support.
- being up to date with work experience assessment tasks
- asking staff questions during work experience

What made it harder for you??
- Starting assignments at the last minute.

What's the 1 piece of advice you wish you had been given at the beginning of your study journey
- Ask if you don't understand. Ask the teacher NOT the students for help. When the teacher explains the questions, it becomes more clear.
- make limits or boundaries when communicating/interacting with other class mates outside of class time. Keep it to a minimum.

Syakira
Bye :wave:

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi LA,

I love this website. I also like to help out others on the forum.

I am working part time until mid December. I love working with children.

I want to continue doing on call work until I find a full time job (next year).

bye
Syakira

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 am

Syakira,

Thanks so much for your advice! I read your answers to the questions Lindy posted and I totally agree with what you said. It is far better asking the teacher about questions to gain a better understanding and if you work hard on assignments you will be rewarded for it in the end! Hopefully others will follow your advice!

I hope that you find a job that you like and can gain more experience from and I can tell you're eager to learn and passionate about working with children! Hmmm... maybe you can think about doing a degree??

:geek:,
L.A

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:15 am

Hi LA,

I'm taking six months off from studying. But I know for sure that I am not going to study on line. I like to attend classes and ask the teacher questions.

It's been a long journey for me. I love being with the children and supporting their developmental areas.

I know that most Diploma in Children's courses can be completed in one year, but it's better to study for 2 years to get a better understanding of the units and do hours for work experience.

Bye
Syakira

tracyck1

Post by tracyck1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi Syakira,

I just start my diploma this and I am having a little bit difficulty with my first assignments and I just wondering if you can help anyway. I am really desperate please. My assignments is all about the theory's.

Tracie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 am

tracyck1 wrote:Hi Syakira,

I just start my diploma this and I am having a little bit difficulty with my first assignments and I just wondering if you can help anyway. I am really desperate please. My assignments is all about the theory's.

Tracie
Hi Tracie,

If you are needing assignment support you can add your question along with your response in the correct assignment support forum and we can assist and guide you in the right direction...

:geek:,
L.A