questions on the Assignments

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ary125

LEGISLATION

Post by Ary125 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:43 pm

Hi everyone,
Can anyone guide me in this please?

3 pieces of legislation that are relevant to an education workers role and key requirements of each.
My Answer:
Human rights to protect against human rights abuses, the right to freedom of conscience and religion, the right to freedom of expression, the right to freedom of association and right to be free from torture.
Equal employment opportunity is when the company treated fairly and equally in all aspects of the jobs. This means I have equal access to employment opportunities based solely on our ability to do my job, regardless of my personal attributes such as my gender, race colour or creed.
Anti-discrimination legislation the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 it is unlawful to discriminate against a person on the ground of race, colour, descent, national or ethnic origin. The Disability discrimination Act 1992 it is unlawful to discriminate against a person on the disability.

Not sure if these are right.
Thank you

Lorina

Re: questions on the Assignments

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:00 pm

You could also include:

National Regulations
National Law

ACECQA

:geek:,
Lorina

Debs112

Post by Debs112 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:46 pm

I am having issues finding information on an assemsment questions, how is brain development supported through play

arojaya

Post by arojaya » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Kai is an educator in the Preschool Room where you work. Kai’s friend Tom has a child that attends the centre. Tom drops off their child, Penelope, in a rush. During the lunch break, Kai receives a text from Tom saying that there are antibiotics in Penelope’s bag and requests Kai to give Penelope 5mls at lunchtime. Kai texts back and says, “I can’t give Penelope the medication without a completed medication form.” Tom replies, “Please do it just this one time, and I will fill the form out this afternoon”. Since Tom is a friend, Kai agrees and gives Penelope the dosage of antibiotics that Tom mentioned. When Tom picks up Penelope in the afternoon, Kai says that the medication is in Penelope’s bag, asks Tom to keep this between them and fill out a form in the future.

List and briefly explain two ways Kai could both support the family and meet his legal and ethical requirements?
1. Kai should inform Tom as to complete the medication form when he comes to the centre to pick Penelope as no medication must be given without parent’s approval.
2. Kai should fill out the medication form as per the instructions of Tom to comply to legal aspect of filling the form prior medical administration.

As a result of this incident, what are two possible consequences for the early childhood service?
- A Penalty of $2000
- Failure of non-compliance is considered illegal and legal action might be taken against the childcare service

Kai would like to learn more about his legal and ethical obligations as an early years educator. Where would Kai find specific information on how he can best adhere to legal and ethical requirements in the early childhood service?
1. Early Childhood Australia’s Advocacy by Early Childhood Australia website
2. Education and care National Regulations
(need few more)

Can you check my answers? This is a re-submission. Pls help.

arojaya

Post by arojaya » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Marlee (two) is living in foster care. The foster family has provided court documentation that states that Marlee is currently in protective care, and the family is not to contact Marlee until further investigation is conducted. One morning, Marlee’s parents arrive at the service demanding that they see their daughter. The Director clearly states that they have court orders on file that prevent the parents from contacting Marlee. The Director can smell alcohol on the breath of both parents, and therefore, requests that they leave the premises, or the police would be called upon. The parents become agitated and start to raise their voices and threaten the Director. In the meantime, the Administration staff call the police for emergency assistance.

1. What is the service policy the Director will follow in this incident?

Duty of care policy
As Marlee in foster care where a court case is underway preventing her family contacting her, it is the duty of the Director to abide to the law and throughout the custody situation with a child and their family. Where there are documents that state the custody arrangements, they are obliged to adhere to these requirements. They still have a duty of care to the child, so if there are any concerns about the child’s safety within the arrangement as her parents seems like drunk and is a threat to the wellbeing of the child, Director must report concerns through the appropriate channels and call the police.

2. Which legislation will be referred to in this policy?
UN Convention on the rights of the child

Dear Lorina,

These are my answer to the above questions. Can you pls check as this is my re-submission.

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Debs112 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:46 pm
I am having issues finding information on an assemsment questions, how is brain development supported through play
This may help:

Brain Development In ChildrenPlay Promote Brain Development

Lorina

Holly_k23

Post by Holly_k23 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:38 pm

Hi my names Holly i have recently started my certificate 3 and im now doing my practical assessment on CHCECE034 and i am having trouble with a couple of questions like i get it but dont at the same time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holly_k23

Post by Holly_k23 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:46 pm

Hi my name is Holly and I'm currently doing my Cert 3 and im in the middle of doing a practical assessment and i need help with it

List the approved framework applied in your service Summarise the Vision

How is this framework used? Summarise the Principle

How was the source accessed and the date it was accessed? Summarise the Practices
URL Link¬:
Date Accessed:
Date Created:

Digital media used (eg: websites, digital copies of published articles) Summarise the Learning Outcomes

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:06 pm

This will help:

Approved Learning Framework

:geek:.
Lorina

heyheyhey

Post by heyheyhey » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:38 am

Lorina wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:33 pm
You're welcome!

Lorina
Hello Lorina, Im not sure how to post a forum so I can only reply. I need some help with this question on my CHCECE033 assignment.
List at least four (4) examples of how an educator could promote children interacting verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes. Include in your response at least one (1) routine, one (1) play opportunity and one (1) situation of conflict.

I'm unsure of how to respond

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:53 pm

heyheyhey wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:38 am
Lorina wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:33 pm
You're welcome!

Lorina
Hello Lorina, Im not sure how to post a forum so I can only reply. I need some help with this question on my CHCECE033 assignment.
List at least four (4) examples of how an educator could promote children interacting verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes. Include in your response at least one (1) routine, one (1) play opportunity and one (1) situation of conflict.

I'm unsure of how to respond

This will help:

Go to Learning Outcome 5 in the below link for some examples:

How Children Can Achieve Outcomes

Lorina

Thelay

Post by Thelay » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Hi,

CHCECE055 / CHCECE056

Can somebody point me in the direction where I can find the answer to this question PLEASE :cry: :

"5 different legislative requirements regarding information management that apply to a regulated children's education and care service"

Thanks

AussieAsh

Post by AussieAsh » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:16 pm

Hello all,

I'm currently having a mind frazzle over what procedures would be followed to access information such as enrolment forms.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:40 pm

Do you still need help with this?

Lorina

arojaya

Post by arojaya » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:55 pm

Hi Lorina,

Im doing Cert 3 and in the workplacement 1. This is a question in the worplacement project which I am unsure what is the answer. Can you help me.

Identify legal and ethical issues
List any applicable areas of the following documents

1.Education and care services national regulations
2. NQS
3.EYLF
4.UN Convention on the rights of the child
5. ECA Code of Ethics

im not sure which areas this question refers to.
This is a question from TAFE Cert 3.

Thanks

Bek0310

Post by Bek0310 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:32 pm

hello i am currently working on my Care and Nurturing Cluster and have been stumped on 2 questions.

1. list 4 reasons for why a children's immunisation status must be monitored and what it involves?

2. Identify and briefly explain five key concepts of the National Health and Medical Research Council ‘Staying Healthy in Child Care 5th edition'.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

arojaya

Post by arojaya » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:18 pm

1. The immunisation status record information is used by the PHU to manage outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases such as immunisation or dental care
- maintaining accurate health records is essential to providing quality care and protecting the health and safety of children who attend the service
- prepare a special plan for children with chronic health issues or special needs such as asthma
- determine whether or not to exclude a child from activities for health reasons

It involves,
- Up to date immunisation status (fully or overdue)
- All immunisations received
- whether the child has received all vaccines required by the age of 5 and if not, valid medical exemption is recorded.

2. 1.Effective Hand Hygiene
2.Exclusion of ill children, educators and other staff
3.Immunisation
4.Cough and sneeze etiquette
5.Appropriate use of gloves

Bek0310

Post by Bek0310 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:08 am

thank you

Bek0310

Post by Bek0310 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:13 pm

Hello everyone hope you are all having a great weekend! i am currently stumped as to what this question means
19. In your own words outline three key considerations for educators with regards to hand hygiene, to ensure hygiene and infection control requirements are met.
do they mean if staff cant use the soap provided or is it like washing with warm water ect any help would be greatly appreciated

Harrowhark

Post by Harrowhark » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:19 pm

Bek0310 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:13 pm
Hello everyone hope you are all having a great weekend! i am currently stumped as to what this question means
19. In your own words outline three key considerations for educators with regards to hand hygiene, to ensure hygiene and infection control requirements are met.
do they mean if staff cant use the soap provided or is it like washing with warm water ect any help would be greatly appreciated
It essentially means the key ways to ensure hygiene and infection control requirements are met; so yeah, washing of hands etc.

Check out the NHMRC resource 'Staying Healthy in Child Care 5th edition', and have a look at the section on effective hand hygiene, I found it to be helpful with this question.