questions on the Assignments

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Bek0310

Re: questions on the Assignments

Post by Bek0310 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:19 am

Gideon wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:19 pm
Bek0310 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:13 pm
Hello everyone hope you are all having a great weekend! i am currently stumped as to what this question means
19. In your own words outline three key considerations for educators with regards to hand hygiene, to ensure hygiene and infection control requirements are met.
do they mean if staff cant use the soap provided or is it like washing with warm water ect any help would be greatly appreciated
It essentially means the key ways to ensure hygiene and infection control requirements are met; so yeah, washing of hands etc.

Check out the NHMRC resource 'Staying Healthy in Child Care 5th edition', and have a look at the section on effective hand hygiene, I found it to be helpful with this question.
Thank you so much

Harrowhark

Post by Harrowhark » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:22 pm

You're welcome!

Kay95

Post by Kay95 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:48 pm

Salina has noticed over the past few weeks, she is taking on more of Sandra's tasks. This is making Salina feel frustrated. It has changed Sandra and Salina's relationships, and now they often ignore each other during the day. Salina especially notices that today Sandra seems a little distracted on arrival and avoided spending time welcoming the families and children individually. When Salina approaches Sandra and asks if everything is okay, Sandra tells Salina to mind their own business. Salina was taken aback and felt quite upset with this response.

1. What conflict resolution steps should Salina put in place to resolve this conflict and create a more positive team culture?

2. Assuming you are Salina, provide examples of what you would say to Sandra during the conflict resolution process for the following situations:

3. How should Salina ensure confidentiality during this conflict resolution process?

4. If Sandra is unwilling to cooperate or negotiate, what should Salina's next step be?

AmyP8720

Post by AmyP8720 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 am

(e) Give two examples of large group interactions that educators could facilitate for children in an education and care setting. What are some of the considerations that educators should have when facilitating large group interactions for children

jazzg98

Post by jazzg98 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:53 am

I need help with the following question: Write, in 200 words, how contributing to the development and implementation of policies and procedures assists in making your own work area safer.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:37 pm

jazzg98 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:53 am
I need help with the following question: Write, in 200 words, how contributing to the development and implementation of policies and procedures assists in making your own work area safer.
This may help:

Policies and Procedures

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:38 pm

AmyP8720 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:49 am
(e) Give two examples of large group interactions that educators could facilitate for children in an education and care setting. What are some of the considerations that educators should have when facilitating large group interactions for children
It could be a group game, group storytime, group singing, group music and movement experience, group art experience etc.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:53 pm

Kay95 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:48 pm
Salina has noticed over the past few weeks, she is taking on more of Sandra's tasks. This is making Salina feel frustrated. It has changed Sandra and Salina's relationships, and now they often ignore each other during the day. Salina especially notices that today Sandra seems a little distracted on arrival and avoided spending time welcoming the families and children individually. When Salina approaches Sandra and asks if everything is okay, Sandra tells Salina to mind their own business. Salina was taken aback and felt quite upset with this response.

1. What conflict resolution steps should Salina put in place to resolve this conflict and create a more positive team culture?

2. Assuming you are Salina, provide examples of what you would say to Sandra during the conflict resolution process for the following situations:

3. How should Salina ensure confidentiality during this conflict resolution process?

4. If Sandra is unwilling to cooperate or negotiate, what should Salina's next step be?

Hi!

From the scenario, it seems like Sandra may be dealing with a personal issue that she is yet to overcome. Salina should tell Sandra the changes she has noticed of Sandra and let her know that you are there to support her if needed. Give her time and space to work on her issues and don't take it personally.

This may help:

Handling Conflicts

Lorina

AussieAsh

Post by AussieAsh » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:29 am

Hello all,
I too am unsure how to post this so thought I would ask here.
I am having trouble answering this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Explain how service providers adhere to confidentiality and privacy requirements when communicating information about individual children between the service and families (for example medical information).

prunellstich

Post by prunellstich » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:03 pm

Kay95 wrote:

Hi! it's simple, Salina should schedule just a meeting with Sandra, express her feelings, listen actively to Sandra's perspective, and then identify the root cause for creating a plan. (I bet Salina will express her concerns about taking on more tasks, express how it's affecting her work and the team, and ask if there's a reason for the change)

prunellstich

Post by prunellstich » Mon May 01, 2023 9:05 pm

Kay95 wrote:
Salina has noticed over the past few weeks, she is taking on more of Sandra's tasks. This is making Salina feel frustrated. It has changed Sandra and Salina's relationships, and now they often ignore each other during the day. Salina especially notices that today Sandra seems a little distracted on arrival and avoided spending time welcoming the families and children individually. On https://papersowl.com/write-my-paper-for-me I got papers written for me. Sandra tells Salina to mind their own business. Salina was taken aback and felt quite upset with this response.

So have you resolved your problem?

AussieAsh

Post by AussieAsh » Thu May 04, 2023 11:54 am

Good day everyone,

If I could please have some assistance, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

18. In your own words describe what a ritual is and how an educator can support them?

DAZahra

Post by DAZahra » Tue May 16, 2023 4:57 pm

Dear. Lorina,

Identify and briefly explain five key concepts of the National Health and Medical Research Council ‘Staying Healthy in Child Care 5th edn’

I can't find what are the five key concepts?

Can you please help me?

AussieAsh

Post by AussieAsh » Mon May 22, 2023 10:31 am

I need some help answering this question please.

a) Briefly describe the key aspects of two primary attachment theories

Priyanka asmwar

CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children

Post by Priyanka asmwar » Thu May 25, 2023 8:34 pm

scenario-
During enrolment at the Little.ly Early Learning Centre, a Parent told the Educator how nervous the parent was about leaving the 22 months old Child in long day care.
The Educator told the Parent that it might be helpful if the Parent stayed with the Child for a couple of hours during the first few days at the centre, to help the Child become familiar with the educators, service’s routine, and environment.
Together the Educator and the Parent worked out a way to ease the Child into long day care, using some agreed strategies:
• Gradually leaving the Child after the initial ‘orientation’ period for short periods until eventually the Child stays for the full day.
• The Parent filled out the ‘about my child’ section of the enrolment form carefully describing the Child’s sleeping habits, comforters (teddy and pacifier), fears/phobias, likes, cultural connections, family traditions, interests, temperament, personality, stages of development and significant people in the Child’s life.
• Emailing a photo book to the Parent that showed the room and activities that the Child would spend his time doing so that the Parent could explain to the child in the language spoken at home what the Child was doing while the Parent was at work.
Eventually the Parent returned to full-time work, and the Child was in long day care Monday to Friday.
The Parent told the Educator how hard it was to leave the Child because the child was clingy and cried after the drop-off. The Educator asked the Parent what the Child was interested in. The Parent said that since the family had visited the zoo the Child loved to talk about the animals.
The Educator and the Parent agreed that when the Parent arrived at the service, the Educator together with the Parent would sit down and read a book about zoo animals to distract the Child from the Parent leaving. After the Parent left, the Educator continued to encourage the Child to play with rubber zoo animals and has given the Child five finger puppets of zoo animals which the Child can wear during play time with the other children at the service. The Educator agreed to email photos of the Child playing happily to the Parent throughout the day and encouraged the Parent to ring the service to see how the Child had settled in as many times as the Parent needed to.
Although these things seemed to work, the Parent told the Educator that the Child had become very clingy at night-time, the Parent was still worried about the Child.
The Educator thought it was a good idea to tell the Child when the Parent would be back and leave the Child a small item from home (tiny donkey that the Child’s grand Parent had knitted) to look after: ‘Bye Educator, I will be back after afternoon tea, please look after donkey until I get back.’ The Parent and the Educator also decided to include photos of the Child’s family life on the family board in the Child’s room.
These strategies seemed to help the Child feel connected to the Parent after leaving to work, and the Child was soon able to say goodbye happily

(1) Identify three aspects of positive partnerships with families and explain how the Educator used each aspect to support successful separations for the Parent and the Child easing the transition into the service?
(2) Identify one practice the service had adopted that honours the children’s families and explain why it is important to honour children, families, and the community?
I need help

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 30, 2023 4:31 am

DAZahra wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:57 pm
Dear. Lorina,

Identify and briefly explain five key concepts of the National Health and Medical Research Council ‘Staying Healthy in Child Care 5th edn’

Can you please help me?
Do you still require help?

Lorina

Jovanny

Post by Jovanny » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:54 pm

thank you for advices guys

Helena2023

Post by Helena2023 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:30 am

arojaya wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:24 pm
Kai is an educator in the Preschool Room where you work. Kai’s friend Tom has a child that attends the centre. Tom drops off their child, Penelope, in a rush. During the lunch break, Kai receives a text from Tom saying that there are antibiotics in Penelope’s bag and requests Kai to give Penelope 5mls at lunchtime. Kai texts back and says, “I can’t give Penelope the medication without a completed medication form.” Tom replies, “Please do it just this one time, and I will fill the form out this afternoon”. Since Tom is a friend, Kai agrees and gives Penelope the dosage of antibiotics that Tom mentioned. When Tom picks up Penelope in the afternoon, Kai says that the medication is in Penelope’s bag, asks Tom to keep this between them and fill out a form in the future.

List and briefly explain two ways Kai could both support the family and meet his legal and ethical requirements?
1. Kai should inform Tom as to complete the medication form when he comes to the centre to pick Penelope as no medication must be given without parent’s approval.
2. Kai should fill out the medication form as per the instructions of Tom to comply to legal aspect of filling the form prior medical administration.

As a result of this incident, what are two possible consequences for the early childhood service?
- A Penalty of $2000
- Failure of non-compliance is considered illegal and legal action might be taken against the childcare service

Kai would like to learn more about his legal and ethical obligations as an early years educator. Where would Kai find specific information on how he can best adhere to legal and ethical requirements in the early childhood service?
1. Early Childhood Australia’s Advocacy by Early Childhood Australia website
2. Education and care National Regulations
(need few more)

Can you check my answers? This is a re-submission. Pls help.
Hi im stuck with this question same assessment

List and briefly explain two ways Kai could both support the family and meet his legal and ethical requirements?

- Kai could speak to his friend Tom and explain that he cannot administer medication without a written medication form prior.

is this rite? i need another way, could you help me with this question

thanks Helena

Helena2023

Post by Helena2023 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:52 pm

arojaya wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:57 pm
Dear. Lorina,

Can you please help me?

Arosha

I am having the same problems with this question i cant find the 5 concepts

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:01 pm

Helena2023 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:52 pm
I am having the same problems with this question i cant find the 5 concepts
Hi!

I think it may be the following:

concepts of infection control