Unqualified OSHC Education Leader/Responsible Person

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hazelnut

Unqualified OSHC Education Leader/Responsible Person

Post by hazelnut » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi,

I have been the OSHC Educational Leader at my job for the past 9 months and Responsible Person for 2 years. I am employed as a casual 2.1 level employee.

When the director goes on leave I take over the day to day management of the centre.
In the past 3 months, he has taken 6 weeks of sporadic leave all on short notice (one day notice most of the time). I have not received an increase in pay during this time.

Am I getting paid the correct amount? I complete duties under level 4A and also level 5A.

Also my first aid certificate is due to expire and I have not been allowed to enrol to undertake it so my director wants me to work as a Responsible Person without the first aid certificate and no other employee on duty has a first aid certificate either. Would it be worth taking it to Fair Work or another possible agency as I find it very unsafe.

Thank you in advance

Lorina

Re: Unqualified OSHC Education Leader/Responsible Person

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 am

Do you have a qualification? if so, what qualification and for how long?

As a responsible person, you are in day to day charge of your service, so from what I understand you should be on Level 5 (depending on your qualification).

An Educator attending the service at any time needs to have a first-aid certificate. Since you are the Responsible Person your requirement is only to have mandatory child protection training.

Here is more information:

Responsible Person Requirements

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina