Cleaning up toilet training children on the toilet

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
karynosw
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Cleaning up toilet training children on the toilet

Post by karynosw » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 pm

I have recently begun working in a kindergarten that has no change table but prefers to change and clean children while they are sitting on the child size toilet. I have no experience with doing a clean up this way and can't get my head around how this is done quickly and effectively particularly if underwear/nappies are heavily soiled. I am hoping someone can give me some direction on the best approach so I can be prepared should the need arise.
(I'm happy to ask my colleagues at work for guidance but thought I would ask here first)
TIA.

Lorina

Re: Cleaning up toilet training children on the toilet

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

So I assume that the children are older... and they should all be in undies?

Standing up changes are quick however not so much if the child has soiled themselves... each centre has a different approach to the way soiled nappies/undies should be cleaned so I would suggest you check your centre's policies and procedures manual which will outline the approach of exactly how you should be doing it.

Here is some light reading in the meantime:

1) Standing Nappy Changes

:geek:,
Lorina

Iris2
Participator
Participator

Re: Cleaning up toilet training children on the toilet

Post by Iris2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 am

I can't understand that either. I mean, to me, it would be difficult to reach certain areas with the children in sitting position. I would just do however is comfortable for you and the children as long as it is compliant with your centre's policies and regulations.