CHCECE001- Examples Of Collaborative Processes With Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Victoria85

CHCECE001- Examples Of Collaborative Processes With Children

Post by Victoria85 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE001 Develop Cultural Competence
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Give two examples of collaborative processes that you might implement for children in your care.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
A collaborative process I could implement could be discussing with the children what makes them happy, what their interests are, and what they enjoy playing with. Then engaging with the children and collaborating with them to have them help to design and make a play area for them based on their likes and interests incorporating something of interest from each child.
Another collaborative process I could implement could be to have a group discussion about colours. We could all have a turn in discussing our favourite colours and talk about how mixing colours together can make new colours. We could then work together on an activity such as making play-dough and each child could colour their portion of play-dough their favourite colour.

Description and Message:
Not sure if I'm on the right track :(
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Collaborative processes for children

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:16 am

Yes, you're on the right track as through your example you encourage children to:

- recognize and value their involvement in learning
- listen carefully to their ideas
- provide encouragement and extend on their learning

Some other examples may include:

- create a sharing circle for discussions and for children to voice ideas and concerns
- invite children to choose own materials and play equipment
- give children choices about who they play with
- involve children in designing and setting up the play environment

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Ruvi
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCECE001- Examples Of Collaborative Processes With Children

Post by Ruvi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi Lorina,
I have question below
Outline and describe strategies you could/do use to engage and encourage children in collaborate with others,

my answer so far,
#. provide small group activities
#. use encouragement
#. use descriptive praise
#. support and give children make their own decision and choices (select their play mates)

Lorina please help me answer this Q. with more information
Thank you
Ruvi