HLTHIR404D - Cultural Realities To Facilitate Service Delivery To Aboriginal Community

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
smippy
Helper
Helper

HLTHIR404D - Cultural Realities To Facilitate Service Delivery To Aboriginal Community

Post by smippy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 pm

This question is really confusing me....It says what are some of the cultural realities that need to be addressed to facilitate full participation in service delivery by Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander people.My answers were along these lines....loss of cultural identity family fragmentation poor nutrition...just not sure that is what I am being asked.
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HLTHIR404D - Cultural Realities To Facilitate Service Delivery To Aboriginal Community

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:22 am

I think this questions refers to being culturally aware of the history, customs, practices etc, and using this knowledge to support service delivery to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community. For example:
Acknowledgement of land and original custodians and Welcome to Country
When organising a meeting, event or conference, it is respectful and good practice to acknowledge the land in which you are meeting and its original custodians.

More information on the above (page 14) can be found in the following:

Working With Aboriginal People

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

smippy
Helper
Helper

Re: HLTHIR404D - Cultural Realities To Facilitate Service Delivery To Aboriginal Community

Post by smippy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks for this Lorina.

StezzaStoney

Post by StezzaStoney » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Smippy,
I am currently doing this one and also confused as to the questioning. How did you go with this one???