CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
melly

CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood

Post by melly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:13 pm

hey guys
i have the same module just a little stuck on senario questions if any one cold help point me in the right direction

1. kali (7 months) is sitting in her highchair waiting for her morning tea. as the practitioner approaches with her food kali smiles and squeals loudly, banging her hands on the tray. "are you a hungry girl?" says the practitioner. kali waves her hands and laughs.
what are Kali's growing sense of self?
2. kali (18 months) is playing a game by herself. She places blocks in a box and then tips the blocks out and repeats the process. As she puts each block in the box she pauses, looks intently at the box and then continues her game. As she tips the blocks from the box she laughs and then claps her hands. The practitioner comments, “I can see you like tipping out the blocks Kali.” Kali smiles nods and continues her game.
what are kali's growing sense of self?
3. Kali (26 months) is in the sandpit rubbing her toes into the wet sand. She is holding a small scoop in one hand and begins to dig a hole. She pours the sand from the scoop onto her other hand. She repeats this action several times. Kali then notices she has a lot of sand on her lap. She begins to brush it away with large arm movements. The sand scatters in all directions. Nia (15mths) is sitting nearby and the sand flicks into her eyes. She begins to cry. Kali stops and looks at Nia. She stands up and goes to Nia, taking her hand she says ‘crying”. She looks around for an adult.
what are kali's growing sense of self?

i dont understand what i am meant to say or how to answer this and also there is 1 more question i have asked a few people at work and they cant tell me the answer or how to write it.

Mastery of age-appropriate self-help skills is satisfying for young children and helps them to feel good about themselves. Children use self-help skills as they begin to take care of their own physical needs such as dressing, toileting, feeding and hygiene.
a. List the socio-cultural factors that may inhibit the development of self-help skills.

please help just a little stuck i have the rest of this sassignment done just not sure on these questions

thanks mel

Lorina

Re: CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:12 am

hi Melly,

Sense of self means 'our personal identity'. Its like the roles, attributes and behaviours we consider important about ourselves. Just have a look at Learning Outcome 1 and Learning Outcome 2 in the EYLF. This will give you evidence and will provide examples on how a child displays their sense of self. From these examples you should be able to work out the scenarios in your question.

For example: In your first scenario “kali bangs her hands loudly on the tray”. This shows Kali’s sense of self of the unique behavior she displays when wanting food. Have a read through this article called “Understanding the EYLF”. You can find the Learning Outcomes in here. Here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/e ... mework.php

I found some info about socio-cultural factors on self help skills:

It is important to note that not all children progress at the same speed and that in some cases it may be seen as inappropriate for children to learn certain skills. There are cultures in which children do not learn to dress themselves until they are older, and there are cultures in which only children of one gender learn certain skills. In most cases, it is less important when a child learns these skills than it is that the child becomes a fully socialized human being in his or her own culture.
Reference: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-self-h ... ildren.htm

:geek:,
L.A

TaylaMaree

Re: CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood

Post by TaylaMaree » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Mel are you please able to send me your answers for CHCFC504A
Will be really appricated :)
thanks

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Mel are you please able to send me your answers for CHCFC504A
It would be more beneficial for you to do your own assignments and think for yourself rather than go off someone elses answers and work.

TaylaMaree

Post by TaylaMaree » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 am

i have most the answers just need help woth some of them

rana

Post by rana » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:53 am

this is a site so we can help each other when someone is stuck in A QUESTION why fchaudari76 is complaining u dont like to share ur work with others dont do it, but here we help each other ok

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 am

rana wrote:this is a site so we can help each other when someone is stuck in A QUESTION why fchaudari76 is complaining u dont like to share ur work with others dont do it, but here we help each other ok
Hi Rana,

Please dont misunderstand helping each other out with sharing or passing on answers. Yes, this site is here so students and professionals can help each other but having said that, this site is not for exchanging answers. There is a difference between that and we strongly discourage students asking for answers without any attempt. I stand by what fchaudari76 said and we do not encourage students to "exchange" answers. You are welcome to help out students in the forums as a support context and provided students posting in our forum show their research / attempt on what they have done so far for that question. But its a different thing altogether when a student request for answers to be provided with no effort at all.

I hope you understand our mission.

Please read our Forum Rules for more information: Forum Rules & Regulations

PS: I am locking this topic now.

Cheers :geek:,
Lorina.