STRUGGLING WITH OSHC OBSERVATION (AFTER SCHOOL HOUR CARE)

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
littleheart1110

STRUGGLING WITH OSHC OBSERVATION (AFTER SCHOOL HOUR CARE)

Post by littleheart1110 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I just got casual position of After school hour care at primary school & i started last week. This is my first job after completed my diploma in 2019. I heard that casual workers don't need to do observation or any involved documents but in this venue casual workers have to do observation. My query is i really struggling how to write an observation ( i only did once in my school 2 years ago). I dont know how to convert or use the right words for child learning development in my observation and the reflection. Can anyone please guide me where or how do i achieve this weakness? i have been read MTOP and learning outcome but still have no idea how to write a proper ones. Can you guys show me the examples or any link to show example please?

And can you guys let me know any website or link of school kids games name please? i dont know much about game name. For example hot potato or dodge ball ( my colleague asked me to play with the children and i did not know what are these game? :sweating: . I hope everyone understand what i am asking for ( English is not my mother language).

Any answer is much appreciated. Thank you everyone. :inlove:

Lorina

Re: STRUGGLING WITH OSHC OBSERVATION (AFTER SCHOOL HOUR CARE)

Post by Lorina » Mon May 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi!

Writing observations are simple because you are writing exactly what you see. So, during the day watch the child you have to observe and write exactly what they are doing/ what they are saying for that period of interaction. Then you interpret it and extend on their learning.

Here is a guide and examples in writing observations:

Observations In Childcare

Once you complete the observation you need to figure out what the child learnt through the experience. This can help:

Children Achieving MTOP Outcomes

Have a read through the information above and let me know if you need any more help!

:geek:,
Lorina

littleheart1110

Re: STRUGGLING WITH OSHC OBSERVATION (AFTER SCHOOL HOUR CARE)

Post by littleheart1110 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:59 am

Thank you Lorina, i will read more from links you shared.

Have a good day !

Littleheart.