HLTWHS001...with WHS legislation

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
blonde1977

HLTWHS001...with WHS legislation

Post by blonde1977 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:07 pm

Research your relevant state/territory WHS legislation and summarise what is covered in relation to the topics listed below. Indicate in the space provided which topic you are providing an answer for.
a) Name of the legislation
b) State/territory WHS authority
c) Rights and responsibilities of employer – including duty of care
d) Your rights and responsibilities
e) Hazardous manual tasks
f) Infection control
g) Workplace health and safety policies and procedures.

my answers are as followed
a) WorkSafe Victoria,
b) Victorian WorkCover
c) Provide and maintain for employees a workplace that is safe and without risk to health. This responsibility extends to contractors for matters over which the employer has management. For example, the employer must ensure that OHS for agency staff relieving or replacing the organisation's employees is managed consistently with how OHS is managed for employees.
d) take care of their own safety and the safety of others that may be affected by their actions
cooperate with reasonable OHS actions taken by the employer. In a practical sense this would include following OHS rules and guidelines, helping to ensure housekeeping is of a reasonable standard, attending OHS related training, reporting OHS incidents, cooperating with OHS investigations, encouraging good OHS practice with fellow employees and others and, wherever practical, assisting the employer when the employer ask employees for help with OHS, such as conducting OHS inspections during operating hours
not interfere with safety equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
e)????
f)????
g)????

I am hoping I am on the right track

Annec13

Re: HLTWHS001...with WHS legislation

Post by Annec13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:34 pm

👍

SakuraChelle
Participator
Participator

Post by SakuraChelle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 pm

That looks right to me. I'm in NSW so my answer was different & I also just covered all the points in a bunch of paragraphs talking about it. If you're still stuck on it then I'd check out the Safe Work Australia website to see if it can provide you with any additional information or resources ;)

https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/in ... assistance

I'd also check out this page from Work Safe Victoria: https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/pages/s ... y-learning

blonde1977

Post by blonde1977 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks for that...