Wage Help For Educational Leader Role

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
allyg94

Wage Help For Educational Leader Role

Post by allyg94 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

If you are a Lead Educator in a room 5 days a week, and you are offered position of Educational Leader on top of your existing role and duties, do you get a pay increase? Not that pay is all that matters I'm just curious because you are taking on extra responsibilities.

Thank you!

Lorina

Re: Wage Help For Educational Leader Role

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:16 pm

As far as I know, I don't think you do get a pay increase for being an Educational Leader however you may be able to negotiate with your Employer...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Since you are already a Lead Educator you should be at Level 4 and an Educational Leader is also a Level 4 as per my understanding so you may be able to maybe increase the Level. So, if you are at Level 4.2 you could go to Level 4.3 but this is at the sole discretion of your employer...

Lorina

Sharl
Participator
Participator

Post by Sharl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Lorina

Hope you doing well. Please can you tell me..... What is the average wage for somone that has just a Certificate 3 ? I did look around but i am still not sure....

Thank you

Sharlene Govender

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm

For just a Cert 3 qualification (Level 3.1) the starting wage is $21.29 per hour/full time depending on how long you have had your qualification for.

This may help:

Childcare Wages In Australia

Lorina

allyg94

Post by allyg94 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Thank you so much! Any tips for negotiating? I also currently am on charge of my centre roster and help the director in day to day business and running of the centre and if she's not there I'm in charge, she doesn't put this responsibility on any of the other lead educators, we do have a 2ic but she only works a couple of days a week 9-3 doing admin type things. I love taking on extra responsibilities but it's eating into my time outside of work as I'm not given time to do these things and jobs for her so a bit of a pay increase would be nice

Sharl
Participator
Participator

Post by Sharl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Thank You Lorina

rachcreak

Post by rachcreak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi all, just curious if anyone knows, I’m currently 70% through my diploma, running a room full time and educational leader for two centres and being paid as a cert III because that’s obviously my qualification. Is this right? Am I entitled to more.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 am

rachcreak wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:06 pm
Hi all, just curious if anyone knows, I’m currently 70% through my diploma, running a room full time and educational leader for two centres and being paid as a cert III because that’s obviously my qualification. Is this right? Am I entitled to more.

If you are a room leader, even though you have not completed your diploma qualification you should be paid on Level4A. Level 4A is for an educator that is in a room leader position but yet to complete the diploma qualification.

Lorina