New to Course

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
GSS82

New to Course

Post by GSS82 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:32 pm

hi there everyone. I have had started my cert III in ES from Online Courses Australia. Just wondering if there is anyone else that is doing it through them cos i have a little trouble with filling out my practical skill assessments and reflective journal. they seems to be much harder than actually doing the assignments. please if someone can help.

Lorina

Re: New to Course

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:17 pm

What do you need help with?

What exactly do you have to do?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Give me an example so I can try and help!

Lorina

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:38 pm

can i add a photo here cos i dont know how i will tell ya what i need help with

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Ok, go to "full editor" next to the submit button. The reply box will open up in the editor screen. Then under preview, submit etc. you will see attachments next to options. Click add files and add the file you want then submit it...

Hope this helps!

Lorina

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:06 pm

hey lorina, thanks heaps for telling me how to add files. this is my first assignment file that i need to do to be able to submit my first assignment. i have had completed no 1 in my induction to school and done no 4 while helping few students in the education environment. just can not figure it out what to do with no 3 and 4. I have had nearly completed 3 assignments but stuck to fill these sort of practical skill assessments. there are couple of questions in ext 2 assessments that i am not allowed to answer because they r to be addressed by a teacher not by TA and specially not by a student TA. i have had emailed this to the course cordinator of Online Courses Australia but its been like 5 days and no reply. it might seems like a winge but its annoying. see if you can help me or any other student is able to help me out.

kind regards

Gurmeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:47 pm

So with No 3 - if there is a hazard within the environment then you will have to report it to the supervisor to get it fixed. For example - the gate doesn't latch closed properly, there are nails sticking out of the back fence, there is a loose tile in the staff bathroom etc.

No 4 - Is basically is seeking confirmation that what you are doing within the room is right, such as the way you're talking to the children, the way you're interacting with the children etc.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:32 am

Question Two
Provide detailed responses to the following questions/instructions, with close reference to the Act you have selected.
How does the legislation impact upon your role/future job role?
What does the legislation require of schools/employers?
What are the aims or objectives of the legislation?
What principles are the Act based on?
Does this legislation conflict with any other legislation directives?
[b]Develop a set of procedures that a school might use to ensure compliance with one aspect of legislation you have chosen.[/b]
Provide examples of actions/behaviours that might be viewed as non-compliant with legislation and explain how they are non-compliant.

hey guys, i have this higlighted question that i am stuck with. what sorta procedure i have to write? what exactly i have to write in this.

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:33 am

]Develop a set of procedures that a school might use to ensure compliance with one aspect of legislation you have chosen.

sorry i didnt knew its gonna change text color.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm

So what Act/Legislation have you chosen?

Lorina

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:35 pm

thanks lorina, i have choosen privacy act

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:01 pm

thanks lorina, yeah i have choosen privacy act

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:34 am

Scenario 2:
Your manager would like you to produce a spread sheet for the twenty students in your care (you can make up the twenty names). She would like the spread sheet to be used as an attendance sheet for a fortnightly period Monday to Friday.
Prepare the spreadsheet that can be printed out and used as a sign in and out sheet at the front desk. Think about what the sheet will need, such as time in, time out, parent’s signature comments field etc. It must look professional and easy to understand when printed. In the footer describe where the completed document will be stored.
Print a copy when you have completed, scan it and upload to Moodle for assessment.

do i have to include all the fields stated in there or jst make a sign in sign out sheet. because there are 3 variable date, comment and name i havnt been able to get any idea i went through so many sheets from google but didnt came across any that can serve the purpose.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Yes, you will need to include all the fields stated in the question... Child's name, parents name, signature, time, comments etc. no, I don't think it's possible to find one... you may have to create one yourself...

Lorina

GSS82

Post by GSS82 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:56 pm

ty lorina ... u havnt answered the question asked before well u dont have to rather i wud say i m still waiting for help on previous question.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Sorry... Sometimes I get sidetracked... Is this the question?
GSS82 wrote:QR_BBPOST Develop a set of procedures that a school might use to ensure compliance with one aspect of legislation you have chosen.

This may help:

Privacy Policy

Lorina

deelynne

Reflection journal

Post by deelynne » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

I am doing the course and supposed to do a reflection journal. I am not sure what is to be represented in this. What sort of things does the instructors want to see.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Reflection journal

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:08 pm

deelynne wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm
I am doing the course and supposed to do a reflection journal. I am not sure what is to be represented in this. What sort of things does the instructors want to see.

Thanks
This may help:

Reflective Practices In Childcare

Lorina