Goodstart Centres

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Goodstart Centres

Post by dulciean » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 pm

hi everyone- i have a question for you.
I have an interview lined up next week with a local Goodstart Centre. i have researched and read all about their ethos and ideologies - but am wondering if anyone has firsthand knowledge/experience of them as an employer? ( or as a parent? ) . They employ around 14000 staff nationally- a huge company!
What appeals to me is the Not-for-Profit system- in my current position i am dismayed daily as to the corners we are cutting so the owner can make her profits.
Would love to hear any opinions good or bad from my fellow professionals!

Sarah :)

hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

Re: Goodstart Centres

Post by hotpies2006 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 am

hi there i work at a goodstart early learning centre for just over a year i find them preety good as they offer lots of training thoughout the year they are also preety particular when it comes to rules and regulations on everything i find that not a worry as i agree with most the only thing i find a little mmm is there is alot of bosses you answer to , but the conditions they supply are good and fair good luck on your interveiw

smith76
Participator
Participator

Re: Goodstart Centres

Post by smith76 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 am

Hi there,

I have worked for them since they were abc in 2001 and now currently as goodstart and i really like that it is a not for profit organisation now than before. I also like that there are policies and procedures in place for just about everything, But i wouldn't judge goodstart as a whole each centre is different they are not all the same even though they have the same name and its the centre director and other staff members that make a centre.

goodluck with your interview