Feeling unappreciated

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hootabelle98

Feeling unappreciated

Post by hootabelle98 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:16 pm

So I have been at my centre for 4years and this year I’m feeling burnt out already and it’s only March. My room is. 2-3 room and I have some behavior issues children and also special needs. But the lead educator in the room beside resigned and I’ve had the toddler children join my class for the last 3 weeks some days we have 3 staff and some days it’s just 2. It’s been quite stressful but also now my assistant is going to be the lead educator in the toddlers snd I now have to train a new educator again to be my assistant. I found all the information before my director even told me officially. Also I am still studying diploma snd I’ve asked a day off a fortnight to concentrate on my studies snd my director said no but maybe a half day which is unfair I don’t get study time and i also I am a busy mum as well but they have been giving my assistant extra study time so she can finish her cert 3 before she can move up to be lead educator and also enrol in her diploma.

Feeling really frustrated and unappreciated at work

Like today we had 5 different educators in my room which is really unfair to the children in my care.

Lorina

Re: Feeling unappreciated

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:54 pm

Why can't you be the lead Educator? You have been at the centre for 4 years and you are already studying for your Diploma so you are already higher qualified... have you asked for the position?

:geek:,
Lorina

Pavani

Re: Feeling unappreciated

Post by Pavani » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:50 pm

Hi,

As you are already highly educated and good experienced. So,be positive. Set goals in your work. Do your works efficiently in a pleasant manner. Just one thing majorly, manage your stress, when dealing with toddler children's you have to be cool and do works in innovative manner to attract them. Don't compare with others as everyone having different life style, work style and all.

Hope soon, you become lead Educator with your skills. :)

Thank you.