Home Made Pizza

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Home Made Pizza

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I just did some home made pizzas with my kids last week and it turned out to be a very fun day... though the pizzas were out of shape, it was a good experience with the children...So here is the recipe that I used:

Ingredients:

For Pizza Dough:
1) 1 cup warm water
2) About 3 cups all-purpose flour
3) 1 packet active dry yeast
4) 1 tsp. sugar
5) 1 tsp. salt
6) 3-5 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for coating

For Pizza Toppings:
1) Tomato Paste
2) Grated Cheese
3) What ever toppings you want like capsicum, onion, olives, pineapple, garlic, tomato, mushroom, etc..

Method:

1) First we need to make the Pizza Dough. Place a little bit of warm water (about 1/4 cup) in a bowl and mix in the sugar until its dissolved. Then sprinkle some yeast onto the water and let the yeast float for couple of minutes. Then stir it and mix it into the water. Leave it aside for around 10-15 minutes and you will see it bubble a little bit..

2) In another large bowl, mix the flour, salt, add the olive oil, add remaining water and then pour the yeast mixture together. Mix the dough..

3) Now knead the dough for 10 minutes until it is soft and elastic..

4) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it aside in a warm place for around 1-1.5 hours..You will see the dough rise and double in size..

5) When ready, make a round shape pizza base with it, pour some olive oil on the top.

6) Spread some Tomato Paste evenly over the base and now its time to add some pizza toppings..

7) You can add any toppings you like..I added capsicum, onion, olives, pineapple, garlic, tomato and mushroom..(a classic veg pizza)..

8) Add some grated cheese..

9) If you wish, you can add some sauce on the top for some extra taste like tomato sauce, BBQ sauce or Mayonaise..Whatever you feel like..

10) Pre-heat the over to about 200 degree and cook the pizza for 20-30 minutes (until the dough is cooked)...

Thats it!!

The kids loved this experience and they were helping me in cutting some veggies, gratted cheese and took part in making the dough as well...Well, the pizza shape wasnt a perfect round, it looked more like the Australia Map! :lol: It tasted good though..

so there you go...its pretty easy. Give it a try and see how it goes...

:geek:,
L.A

Albien

Re: Home Made Pizzas

Post by Albien » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi L.A,
Practice makes the man (and women) perfect, so what if it was out of shape. Main thing is this you guys had fun and experience was good. My kids love pizza and ordering pizza from outside always makes budget out. I will definitely try your home made pizza recipe and will share my reviews later with you.