stress at work placement

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Clarence

stress at work placement

Post by Clarence » Wed May 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum... I just need to talk to someone to let go my stress!
I am studying online and I am currently doing my work placement.
My stress is there are so many documents that I have to ask my supervisor to write her comments...as well as my assessment report...and I feel extremely feel sorry for asking a lot to her. She is so busy and has a lot to do so.
My heart pumps badly when I have to ask her more work to do every time. I show my appreciation each time but that is my biggest stress somehow!!
The reason why I need to ask her a lot to write is because I am doing online course? :-(

I love the children and I love the centre's practice, as well as educators.
But this thing gets me really bad. I really don't want to ask her more work:-(
She can't do writing straight away so I have to remind her a lot...
Does anyone had same experience or have any advise to overcome this problem?

Thank you

Lorina

Re: stress at work placement

Post by Lorina » Thu May 05, 2016 11:07 am

There has been a few complaints from students on the forum regarding the amount of paperwork that needs to be done during work placement. I understand that you feel bad about it but you can't do much. I mean it needs to be done and it's part of your course so what can you do... The only option is probably to make a complaint to your training assessor about the amount of paperwork required during work placement and that it's hard for you to get it filled in at times....

Your supervisor should understand that it needs to be done so it's OK...

:geek:,
Lorina

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Sat May 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Lorina,

I feel so much better after hearing"Your supervisor should understand that it needs to be done so it's OK"
yes, I should not be to stress about it,,, thank you so much Lorina, I think I just needed to talk to you!
Studying online is a little lonely sometimes so... Than you for your word!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 09, 2016 11:22 am

I'm glad I was able to make you feel better! I completely understand where you are coming from though! It's hard being a student thinking you're being a bother than helping during work placement but you're just learning, everything is new to you... A centre wont take you on as a student if they couldn't do the paperwork required!

So, chin up! Enjoy!

Lorina

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:09 pm

I just read my old post! Thank you for your support previously!

I just want to share the story after that time.

After having the stress during my work prac, I complained to the insuritute about the amount of paper works the supervisor needed to write her comments.

they totally understood my point of view and said to me that I could only ask for her signatures on each paper work and ask to write a letter( like a written reference) as an evidence how I worked at the centre at the end of the work placement.

It was much better and now I could even show the letter to the new centre as one of the evidence that I am a hard worker!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:43 pm

That's a great outcome! I'm so happy to hear you were able to come up with a solution that made it less stressful for you and for your work supervisor!

That's awesome! Thanks for the update! :)

Lorina