Policies and Procedures

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Alicia*

Policies and Procedures

Post by Alicia* » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi I have been stuck on this question.
I have tried searching for policies and procedures online but having no luck. Could someone please help me..
thanks alicia

List 5 policies and procedures that are required under the education and care services regulations to be in place for an education and care service and provide a brief description of the main points that each policy/procedure covers in your service.

List 2 further policies and procedures that are required under the same legislation for a family day care service.

megs_95
Helper
Helper

Re: Policies and Procedures

Post by megs_95 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:27 pm

You can find the list of required policies in the National Regulations - Chapter 4, part 4.7, division 2, regulation 168 and 169.

Link to the National Regulations
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maint ... 011+cd+0+N

Hope that helps! :)

Alicia*

Post by Alicia* » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Thank you so much for helping me. Just had a look and it's exactly what I need.

Alicia*

Post by Alicia* » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi I'm a bit stuck on answering the second half of the first question "provide a brief description of the main points that each policy/procedure covers in your service"

I have written out 5 policies and procedures for the question.

Thanks,
Alicia

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:31 am

Alicia* wrote:Hi I'm a bit stuck on answering the second half of the first question "provide a brief description of the main points that each policy/procedure covers in your service"

I have written out 5 policies and procedures for the question.
No, I don't think you need to write out the entire policy and procedure. You just need to write a description. For example:

Medication Policy - details the necessary steps to take when administering medicine to a child. Parent must fill in and sign the medication form and hand over medicine to educator. Educator should check the label and instructions given on the form and bottle to see if they match and store medicine until needed. Two educators are required to administer the medicine at the time suggested on the form and should also be signed by both educators.

You just need to provide details of the main purpose of each of the policies and procedures. Try and limit it your descriptions to only 2 or 3 sentences so you don't go overboard....

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Alicia*

Post by Alicia* » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks Lorina.

Helps a lot.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Lorina

do you know where I can view a copy of a procedure to get an idea of what is contained in one and the best way to present it please? I need to create a procedure to encourage educators to come up with innovative ideas -

''Stella has decided to implement a new procedure for new innovative ideas to be included into the room every 6 months. The purpose behind this is to encourage educators to be more involved with ideas and suggestion for changes that can be more supportive and beneficial within the rooms. Educators who implement new innovative ideas will be receiving an extra budget of $200 to spend on resources of their choosing.
Develop a workplace procedure that Stella can introduce that will encourage staff to be engaged in implementing this innovative practice within the service.''

So far I have come up with a very basic layout, but I just don't know how to start. I've googled a lot to try and find an example of a written procedure for anything, not necessarily for innovation, but no luck finding one. This is the first time I've ever posted so I hope this is the right place for this.....any help greatly appreciated.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi Pixie,

Welcome to the forum!

I have a policy and procedures manual from a centre which you can take a look at so you get an overall understanding of what a policy is:

Policy and Procedures

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi Lorina

thanks so much, and yes that policy was so helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks again
:)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 pm

You're welcome Pixie!

Happy to help!

Lorina