school age care

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: We no longer provide support in Student Assignment Forums. However, we are leaving this forum open so students can use this feature to assist each other. When asking questions, consider participating in other Forum Topics. There are more chances that someone will reply to your topic if you help them in theirs. Our Assignment Forum is the biggest study group that you can be a part of so work together. All unanswered topics will be deleted after 10 days.
ksengar
Participator
Participator

school age care

Post by ksengar » Wed May 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Read through the following scenario and describe the actions an educator should take to effectively manage the situation. Note, Lilly’s mother is telling her story directly to an educator.

Scenario: Lilly

“Our family lives with constant stress. Lilly is now five but she still behaves like a typical two-year-old. She is prone to tantrums if she doesn’t get her own way. She screams a lot and when she is angry she throws things – food, toys, plates, whatever is at hand.

My other children are very tolerant and protective of Lilly, but I know that sometimes they would just like to have a day without Lilly screaming and throwing tantrums. I constantly feel guilty that I don’t spend enough quality time with my other children and my partner. We lurch through each day, going from one mini-crisis to the next. I’m ashamed to say it, but there are times when I wish that Lilly had never been born ...”