No Hat No Play Policy More Equitable For The Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
megs13

No Hat No Play Policy More Equitable For The Children

Post by megs13 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:22 pm

The question is 'What changes could be recommended to address this policy and make it more equitable for the children?' (in relation to the no hat no outdoor play policy.

Just a bit confused as to how to answer it, are they asking us for recommendations like providing spare hats for the children who don't bring one so they still have the opportunity to participate in outdoor play..? Am i going in the right direction?

Thanks

panga38
Helper
Helper

Re: Protecting Children - no hat no outdoor play policy

Post by panga38 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:39 am

I think they are asking you to review that policy and make it more child user friendly. No hat no play can be interpreted as a negative strategy for reinforcing positive behaviour , it does not teach any alternatives which a disposition worth nurturing in young children so here is what I do;
No hat
Play but in the shade
Find a spare hat from our spare hat box
Bring in a spare hat to keep at the centre
Have a yarn with me about sun safety
Let us think of ways to help you remember to bring in a hat

ksengar
Participator
Participator

Re: No Hat No Play Policy More Equitable For The Children

Post by ksengar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:14 pm

What are the disadvantages of the ‘No hat, no outdoor play’ concept in practice?