Innovative Thinking

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
brookeamy
Participator
Participator

Innovative Thinking

Post by brookeamy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Scenario

At the Orange Blossom Children’s Service staff meeting, Katrina, the Director, informed the staff that the management committee had approved the construction of a paved area around the sand pit. A much needed improvement which everybody was excited about. The following conversation ensued:
Jane asked “What sort of paving?”
Katrina: “Oh, the usual terra-cotta garden pavers. It will look lovely and be easy to sweep off the spilled sand.”
Jane : “Yes it will be great, but I wonder if we could do something more interesting with the paving. Maybe a pattern, a serpent, hopscotch, or rainbow?. It was just a thought!”
Robert “Oh yeah, but how much extra do you think that’s gunna cost?”
Beccy: “I think it’s a great idea. Don’t be such a ‘stick in the mud’, Robert.”
Darren: “I agree that it’s a good idea but who’s going to decide on the pattern? I can see lots of arguments about who wants what!”
Meg: “True. I also wonder about how much extra time we would have to wait for the paving?”

Question:
In each of the situations below, identify how Katrina could act and/or respond in a manner that shows she values and promotes innovation.

Traditional business thinking
What should she say right now, at the Staff Meeting?
What plans could she put in place?
What could she say to the team regarding Innovation and Creative thinking?

The above business thinking needs to be changed to innovation thinking, not sure how to answer?

Thanks in advance!

wong

Re: Innovative Thinking

Post by wong » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:38 pm

I am not sure about this as well,Do anyone who can help me please?thanks:)

Lorina

Re: Innovative Thinking

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:47 pm

The following information may help:

Innovative Thinking

:geek:,
Lorina