HLTWHS003 & CHCECE016 scenario

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
caitlin181999

HLTWHS003 & CHCECE016 scenario

Post by caitlin181999 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 am

Hello everyone! I need a hand with a couple of scenario questions. I've been trying to answer them for a while now but I keep drawing a blank. Any guidance with pointing me in the right direction will be very helpful!

Scenario 2: Providing for children’s comfort

You are the diploma educator in the kindy room at Beachside Child Care Centre. The service caters for children up to the age of 5 years. You work in the room with two other educators and 30 children.

At 4.30pm each day all the children at the service come in to the kindy room because three educators go home. Although this is done to make supervision easier, you find that it has become a very chaotic time of the day. There are usually at least 15 children in the room; 8 kindy children, 5 toddlers and 2 babies who are crawling but not yet walking. Some of the kindy children like to be outside engaging in physically active play while others prefer to sit quietly looking at books or completing puzzles. The toddlers enjoy using the toys and equipment provided for the kindy children and the babies are often quite tired by this time of the day. According to the daily routine the children are offered late afternoon tea at 5pm consisting of fruit, crackers and water. The two other educators with you are often trying to complete jobs such as folding the washing and writing in the daily journals as well as greeting parents when they arrive.

You are becoming concerned about the increasing noise levels, safety of the children and growing stress levels of the educators, including yours. In addition, a new educator will be starting in the room next week.
You decide that some changes need to be made.

1. Explain how the children could be grouped so ensure their comfort and safety but still be supervised effectively.
3. List three strategies that could be used to meet the needs of the toddlers and kindy children to support children to participate in active and restful activities appropriately.