Design An Outdoor Area With Plants & Trees

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
zizity

Design An Outdoor Area With Plants & Trees

Post by zizity » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi everybody. I am doing an assignment that requires me to design an outdoor area. I have to draw it. I am trying to do it, however I have to name the plants and trees I would include in the design. Can you please help me tell me some names of plants and trees that you often see in outdoor childcare centre. I am asian so I do not know much name of plants and trees in Australian. I just know some herbs:).
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Design An Outdoor Area With Plants & Trees

Post by LindyT » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Your local Library would be a great starting point after taking a look at the plants in the childcare centres near you. Some Directors are more than happy for you to come look at their environments if you tell them you are studying. (Give them a call first though)

zizity

Post by zizity » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks LindyT for your reply: I am working full time and learning part time so I have no time to go anywhere. I have asked 3 staff about name of plants in my childcare centre but they dont know their name either. I tried to google but could not find much. Well, I think I just try to google more:)

dewi06

Post by dewi06 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi, as I know that we can grow any plans or trees as long as not poisoning trees and the tree / leaves will not danger/sharp so it won't be danger if the children touch or play with it. And one more thing, dont plan attractive smell flowers (fruits tree) because it will attemp the bees or insects to come.