CHCPR502D - Purpose Of Observing Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
silvana2009
Participator
Participator

CHCPR502D - Purpose Of Observing Children

Post by silvana2009 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:06 pm

can you help me with this
1: explain the primary purpose for observing young children in early child hood .
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCPR502D - Purpose Of Observing Children

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Hey Silvana,

Why do you think you need to observe children? When you observe a child what do you do with the information you gather?

Let me know what you think so I can help you where you stuck...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

silvana2009
Participator
Participator

Post by silvana2009 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Through observing and listening practitioners are able to gather
evidence before and after children have been taught a skill and over
a period of time. This enables practitioners to assess how much
progress the children have made and whether they need further
opportunities to consolidate their learning.
By using a variety of teaching methods practitioners will be able to
determine the learning preferences/styles of individual children. The
practitioners will also receive information on how successful certain
activities and opportunities have been.
The main purpose of observing children is to determine where they
are on the learning continuum in order to move them along, and to
identify any difficulties, misinterpretations or misunderstandings.

Brooke1987

Post by Brooke1987 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 am

Yep your on the right track!
The new EYLF (Early years framework) is focused on play based learning so we are using observations to find out what the children's interests are to scaffold and extend on these in future planning.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Silvana your answer was copy pasted straight from a Welsh Government PDF document found easily over the internet.

Answering questions in your own words is not hard, you need to make an effort. It is fine getting the information off the internet and websites but then you need to answer in your own words so we know you understand.

Copying material off articles, documents & websites WITHOUT correct references is PLAGERISM , this means you are passing off someone elses words, ideas etc as your own and it is a form of cheating and is not permitted in school, college or universities

This issue has been addressed and readdressed in these forums and I do not understand what will make students understand the serious nature of this ... I am and I am sure others are sick and tired of reading answers that are off other sources.

If you are doing study then please try to answer things properly, if you cannot be bothered to understand and write your own answers then you need to rethink things through and study when you can be bothered to do the work

I have already reported someone to their study provider for copying everyones answers off these forums and passing them off as her own work .... it is not fair to those of us who do work hard and try and understand and write our own answers to have serial copy pasters getting by with no effort