CHCIC501B - Self Assessment & Quality Improvement Planning Process

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tiger2

CHCIC501B - Self Assessment & Quality Improvement Planning Process

Post by tiger2 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501B Manage Children's Services workplace practice to Address Regulations and Quality Assurance
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I'm completely stuck on the start of this assignment - i have to do a self assessment for the center I'm currently working at, i have to assess the following quality areas -
Quality area 3: Physical Environment
Quality area 5: Relationships with Children
Quality area 6: Collaborative Partnership with Families and Communities

How do i set it out? how do i start?
How does other centers or other people do self assessments on quality areas?
I'm a bit overwhelmed only 3weeks left and 5 assignments still to do

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I already have copies of the guide to developing a quality improvement plan, guide to the national quality standards. i have copied the questions in each quality area, i just dont know where to go, answer the questions in a report type of document- no idea.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

ozchez
Participator
Participator

Re: Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement Planning Process

Post by ozchez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi Tiger2

If it is the same questions that I have to answer. For me I am required to answer mine into the Quality Improvement Plan Template. Which is where you write the strengths for all of the elements. (Quality Area 3 has 3 standards 3.1, 3.2 & 3.3 and within these containing 2 - 3 elements) For example 3.1.1 talks about the outdoor and indoor spaces, buildings, furniture, equipment, facilities and resources so you could write: Both indoor and outdoor spaces are large, bright and airy catering to all age appropriate stages of development; 3.1.2 talks about the premises, furniture and equipment being safe, clean and maintained so you could write: Daily yard safety checks are carried out to ensure the safety to all. Once you have written the strengths then you fill out the next section which is key improvements. For example 3.2.1 talks about the outdoor and indoor spaces are designed and organised to engage every child in quality experiences in both built and natural environments so you could write: upgrading of all outdoor areas to include a more extensive variety of natural resources and experiences for children to have multiple uses. The third section is the Quality improvement plan which comes from the key improvements. This in the form of a table where you fill out about how you would improve step 3.2.1; The outcome or goal; what priority it is given "L/M/H", what steps to take such as "work with Bunnings to resource natural resources"; the success measure is "Children's engagement in the natural resources"; by when? "ongoing"; progress notes "we have received a quote from Bunnings and working with Area Manager to gather funds"

Hope this helps

Lorina

Re: Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement Planning Process

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm attaching a copy of the draft guide to the National Quality Standards which provides details on each standard and what the centre has to do to comply and what the assessors are looking for. Im also providing you with a copy of the QIP.

[attachment=1]GuideNationalQualityStandard.rtf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]quality_improvement_plan.docx[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tiger2

Re: CHCIC501B - Self Assessment & Quality Improvement Planning Process

Post by tiger2 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks ozchez, i tend to look too much into assignments even my teachers and work colleges says so, i am slowly getting to it, thank you.
Lorina, I've already got all the those guides and plans and much more. thank you though