CHCIC501A - Commitment To The Principle Of Access & Equity

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jsmd

CHCIC501A - Commitment To The Principle Of Access & Equity

Post by jsmd » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi guy`s i am just a bit stuck on how to word this any help would be great

How could you demonstrate your commitment to the principle of accress and equity in an early childhood environment?
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501A - Commitment To The Principle Of Access & Equity

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi Jsmd,

I think the for first part you will need to do is figure out what access and equity means in early childhood. It's pretty easy to figure out once you google it. One you have the definition try and think of ways how an "early childhood service" demonstrates access and equity. Some of these include:

- Children from non-English speaking backgrounds are encouraged to maintain their cultural and linguistic identity and to participate in the larger community.

- Provide information that is both culturally and linguistically appropriate.

-The participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children is encouraged.

- Premises are accessible to children with disabilities.

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

jsmd

Post by jsmd » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:23 pm

thank you so much i get it know , i am sure i read way to much into some of the Questions .

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

No worries... sometimes the questions are worded in a complicated way which throws you off guard...