CHCFC504A - What Vygotsky meant by Interpersonal and Intrapersonal knowledge

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

CHCFC504A - What Vygotsky meant by Interpersonal and Intrapersonal knowledge

Post by sherry.mcc » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi, I am having trouble with finding an answer to SS012 Theory: Interpersonal and intrapersonal knowledge

question a. Explain what Vygotsky meant by the term Interpersonal knowledge.
I have found - it is only through a sensitivity to other people that one can come to know oneself

and question b. Explain what Vygotsky meant by the term intrapersonal knowledge
it is only through sensitivity to one's self that one can come to relate deeply to other people fromwww.longleaf.net/ggrow/7In/Personal.html
But these are not from Vygotsky.
Could you please point me in the right direction as I cannot seem to find anything else on the net. I looked up wikipedia on intrapersonal but it does not pertain to Vygotsky
Cheers

MODULE: CHCFC504A Interpersonal and Intrapersonal knowledge / Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCFC504A - What Vygotsky meant by Interpersonal and Intrapersonal knowledge

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm

"question a. Explain what Vygotsky meant by the term Interpersonal knowledge.
I have found - it is only through a sensitivity to other people that one can come to know oneself

question b. Explain what Vygotsky meant by the term intrapersonal knowledge.
it is only through sensitivity to one's self that one can come to relate deeply to other people

from longleaf.net/ggrow/7In/Personal.html"
I read the reference link you had provided where you got the above definition from. I think that article is a good read to understand the concepts of "Interpersonal" and "intrapersonal" intelligences and how they are interconnected. Though this is not related to Vygotsky, you may be able to get an understanding on what Vygotsky meant once you get the concept.

For those of you wondering what "Interpersonal" and "Intrapersonal" means, here is the meaning:

"Interpersonal": being, relating to, or involving relations between persons

"Intrapersonal": Existing or occurring within the individual mind or self.

So putting them together, I think as per Vygotsky, "Interpersonal knowledge" means the knowledge achieved through the social interactions with other people in the society.

And "Intrapersonal knowledge" means the knowledge achieved through ones own feeling (self) or the individual mind.

"Intrapersonal" and "Interpersonal" relationships are important part of child development and Vygotsky found that the social interactions with people plays a very significant role in a child's development.

I may be wrong, but this is what I understand.

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCFC504A - What Vygotsky meant by Interpersonal and Intrapersonal knowledge

Post by sherry.mcc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Thank you so much for helping me with my assignments. This assignment has been a bit of a hard task.
Cheers