CHCECE025- Embed sustainable pracices in service operations

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Eshaw

CHCECE025- Embed sustainable pracices in service operations

Post by Eshaw » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi could I please have some help with my assignment? I have most of it answered but there are a few questions im just not sure about. Could you please check and make sure im on the right path and give some guidence where needed.
I really appreciate all the help.

Questions:
1. Once the checklist has been completed, evaluate your findings and identify one area listed below, where sustainable practices can be in your serivce:
-Nature
-Waste
-Energy
-Toxins
Answer:
Waste: The service can be improved by the implementation of waste bins, recycling bins and compost bins. As well as education the children further as to make them more sustainable. Also making further changes to make the practices more cost effective and efficient.

Question:
2. Explain how you would include children, family and community members in selecting which area will be the focus of your project.
Answer:
Talk to parents, have questionnaire go home with all children, asking what their view is on our centres sustainability practices and what they would like to see improved within our service.

Question:

3. Identify workplace philosophy, policies or procedures that may need updating in relation to your plan..
Answer;
The sustainability policy and procedure would need to be updated by adding the new sustainable waste strategies that have been implemented. Such as the new sorting of garbage waste, compost waste, Re-usable recycled waste and non-re-usable recycled waste. As well as the furthering of education for the children and putting up signs and posters around the centre.

Question:
4. Identify how your goals/plan links to your service's relevent framework.
Answer:
unsure on how to answer this quesion

Question:
5. Upon completion evaluate and document the effectiveness of your plan.
Answer.
Unsure how to answer this question.

Eshaw

Re: CHCECE025- Embed sustainable pracices in service operations

Post by Eshaw » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 am

Would my answer to question 4 be:
My plan links in with the relevant framework as it ties in with our services philosophy with emphasising the importance of sustainability and reinforcing the children’s agency and presenting a positive approach to the welfare of the environment.

Thank you again for any help and guidance. :)

Lorina

Re: CHCECE025- Embed sustainable pracices in service operations

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Yes it sounds good!

Maybe you could add an example as well...

:geek:,
Lorina