CHCDIVIV001 Recognising the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Blossomhill

CHCDIVIV001 Recognising the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds

Post by Blossomhill » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am

Hi,
I am completely lost on where to begin on this question.
Complete a narrative report ( 500-1000 words) on how you recognised and respected the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds in at least 3 different situations:

-Demonstrating how you selected and used appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication
-Demonstrating how you recognised situations where misunderstandings may arise from diversity and formed appropriate responses.

I can think of lots of examples of how I recognised and respected the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
Example: When we had a french student stay with us we changed our usual speedy dinners sitting in front of the television to a nice slow sit down meal at the table dinner as that is a way she would normally have dinner. But where I am stuck is how I can incorporate the demonstrating how you recognised situations where misunderstandings may arise from diversity and formed appropriate responses into these examples.
Please help!

Lorina

Re: CHCDIVIV001 Recognising the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

When the french student stayed with you were there any misunderstanding that arose that you could think of... maybe something like putting plates in the dishwasher rather than putting them in the sink... putting rubbish in the correct recycling bin etc.

:geek:,
Lorina