CHCCN511A - Allergies & Poisonus Plants

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
WinP

CHCCN511A - Allergies & Poisonus Plants

Post by WinP » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi everyone.. could you help me with this question

Why setting up no dig for children is important in child care service?

If children have allergy is certain of food.. parent keep bring.. what should I do??

Where to find information on poisonous plants???

I am not working at the moment.. I need help to do this.. pls help me.. it's due on tuesday morning.. pls
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 17, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Question chccn511a

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Why setting up no dig for children is important in child care service?
Do not understand this ... what do u mean?
If children have allergy is certain of food.. parent keep bring.. what should I do??
I used to send out a clear note to all parents informing them of all allergies in the classroom and requesting that those things not be put in lunch boxes
If they still sent them I took them out of the childs lunch box and handed them back to the parent at the end of the day and said "we have children allergic to this so I could not let your child have it or keep it in their lunch box"
If you are working your workplace should have a clear allergy policy regarding foodstuffs, this can be given to the parents as well
Where to find information on poisonous plants???
Google
http://www.childsafetyaustralia.com.au/ ... plants.htm
http://anpsa.org.au/APOL7/sep97-4.html