Victorian pay rates

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Kristy2088

Victorian pay rates

Post by Kristy2088 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:38 am

Hi all,
I have a question that a few people at my centre are curious about. I currently have a cert 3 and am two units away from finishing a bachelor in early childhood learning. I've always heard that after completing a certain amount of my degree my pay should be that of a diploma qualified staff member. Is that true in Victoria?? I've searched everywhere but nobody seems to know for sure.
Thanks, Kristy

Lorina

Re: Victorian pay rates

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:14 pm

HI Kristy,

According to ACECQA you are "actively working towards a qualification". To be counted as an Diploma qualified educator you must meet the following requirements:

A person who meets all five requirements below may be counted as a diploma qualified educator. They must give the approved provider documentary evidence from their course provider that they meet requirements 2 to 5.

The requirements for actively working towards an approved qualification are:
-being enrolled in a course for the qualification
-having commenced the course
-making satisfactory progress towards completion
-meeting the requirements to maintain enrolment
-holding an approved certificate III qualification OR having completed the approved certificate III units OR having completed 30% of the units in an approved ECT qualification.

Ref: Actively Working Towards An Approved Qualification

For centre-based services educating and caring for children preschool age or under, actively working towards provisions apply under National Regulation 126(1). For family day care educators, actively working towards provisions apply under National Regulation 127. These provisions may not apply where a state or territory specific regulation applies, including those for services educating and caring for children over preschool age.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm sorry for my late reply my daughter has been sick with the flu for the past few days...

Lorina

Kristy2088

Post by Kristy2088 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Thank you so much for the reply Lorina,
Some of my coworkers have been urging me to go to my directors about this but don't want to go in with no facts. Thanks so much for your help.
Kristy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 pm

No problem! It's definitely something you need to address with your Directors. It's important that you are getting the correct wage...

Lorina