Pay question...

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
bubbles10

Pay question...

Post by bubbles10 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Just wondering what pay level is appropriate for someone who:

- holds their cert III
- is in their third year of their bachelors of early childhood 0-8
- is in their second year of working as an ECT on a waiver (NSW)
- is a lead educator 4-5’s
- is taking on the role of Educational Leader for the centre
- and is taking on the role of 2IC (to the director)

The whole pay system is confusing. I’m currently being paid level 4A.1 (I think this should have gone up a level after 12 months? Or does that not happen until the start of the next financial year?) I’m unsure how/if my extra responsibilities will impact my pay. I know Ed Leaders don’t get paid more but unsure about the 2IC role.

Thank you.

Lorina

Re: Pay question...

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:40 pm

What is the licence of children for the overall centre... e.g 80 place centre?

How long have you been lead educator for?

How long have you been 2IC for?

:geek:,
Lorina

bubbles10

Post by bubbles10 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi Lorina,

I've been lead educator of the 4-5 age group for two years, heading into my third now.

I'm starting as the centre's educational leader and 2IC (while maintaining my other duties as a lead educator and ect) on the 13th when the centre reopens for the year.

It is a 39 place centre.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 am

Since you are the ECT of the service, from what I understand you will move onto the Educational Services Teachers Award and start at Level 1 - which is around $27 per hour.

I'm not 100% sure if that is your starting wage, however from the information you have provided that's what I will assume you start on.

Can you please let me know the Level they are putting you on, once you go back to work so I can compare.

Lorina

bubbles10

Post by bubbles10 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks Lorina, will do.

Aussiesam77

Post by Aussiesam77 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 am

I have been a Coordinator of an Outside School Hours Care for over seven years with a company holding a Diploma of children’s Services qualification for ten years among longer childcare certificates like a Maternity Practitioner Award for fifteen years with 25 years qualified experience. Should I be on a higher award than 5.3-$28.77 per hour? Thanks for your time

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Aussiesam77 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 am
I have been a Coordinator of an Outside School Hours Care for over seven years with a company holding a Diploma of children’s Services qualification for ten years among longer childcare certificates like a Maternity Practitioner Award for fifteen years with 25 years qualified experience. Should I be on a higher award than 5.3-$28.77 per hour? Thanks for your time

You are getting the right amount of pay as per the Children's Services Award 2010. There is a level 5.4 which is $28.87 per hour and I'm assuming that's after 3 years of service... that's the last level on the scale. Meaning you will not earn more than you are getting...

Lorina

mbadal

Post by mbadal » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi Lorina,

I have a question and I would like you to advice me on my pay rate, whether it is right or not?

When i was doing my diploma,i was employed as a casual in a non for profit organisation in March 2017 with a pay rate of $23/hour. In September 2019 I finished my Diploma. I asked my Director if I would get a pay rise, she said no because when signing the contract, i was employed as a casual certificate3 and they do not need me as a diploma.

It is a 104-place centre. I am still working as a casual with a pay of $27.17/hour and now the Director wants to hire me as a full time permanent Educator with a pay rate of $23.84 per hour. I want to know if this rate is right, including my experience? Any advice before I accept or reject this offer?

Thanks,
Maya

pramodhasrinivasan

hi

Post by pramodhasrinivasan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:02 pm

i feel tough on leadership and service management how to subscribe you is there any chance