Programming and Planning As A New Room Leader

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Hamid

Programming and Planning As A New Room Leader

Post by Hamid » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi everyone,
i am a fresh graduate, recently i've found a job, in an early childhood education center as room leader , but i do not have any idea how i should start planing and programming for my class?
Thanks,
zahra

Lorina

Re: Programming and Planning As A New Room Leader

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:52 am

In regards to programming I usually start within the second week itself. The first week I get to know of children's interests, skills and abilities and then the second week I'll start to plan straight away, experiences, arts and crafts, games, songs etc. You'll also have to come up with an observation calender which has the name of the child/children each day you'll be observing. This helps you to keep track of your observations and know who you'll be observing each day. It's a good idea to work it out based on the days children come... Has the centre have a program format or do you use your own? Are you doing portfolios? You'll need to find these questions out so you can get started...

:geek:,
Lorina