EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Post by admin » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 am

Hi ChantelR,

Just like you, there will be many others who would like to have many different variations to these templates based on each individual style and requirements and it's virtually impossible for us to create so many different templates to please everyone. That's the reason why the personalized form service was introduced. Yes, it is $75/- per form and I know as a developer that this is a "dirt cheap" quote to create advanced templates like the ones in our Online Tools. If its just a simple MS Word format with a few boxes, then I can understand. But these online tools templates are way more advanced and has a lot more functionality, interactivity and professional look to these. Usually creating advanced PDF files likes these can cost you close to $400 - $500 per form and that is the main reason for us to create these advanced templates and still offer it for free since we understand that not all educators can afford to hire a computer programmer to develop programming forms for them. So the "$75" per form for customizing these are "more than reasonable" considering the amount of work in it and what you get out of it too.

I understand that sometimes, as an educator, $75 is something you may not be able to afford to spend. If you are an educator, couldn't you ask your centre to provide you with a customized template for you to use? Wouldn't it be your centre's responsibility to purchase these personalized forms and not yours?
"Wish you could just pay to get an editable format as I would love to change some things and Im sure after using the form over time I would want to change more and would just be to expensive to pay someone another $75 to change something else every few weeks. "

We will never be releasing a template with editable headings and this is mainly due to security restrictions. That's why personalized forms are there for. The customization fee is a one time fee and its charged per project and NOT an annual membership. That is the reason why you can't continue to keep customizing it as many time as you go. Its like a product you buy - you buy it one time and later if you want to change it, you need to buy it again. That's how it works. So the template is something you decide before hand first then tell us what you want customized and we create one for you. It's as simple as that. If we offer this as a membership plan, then we may be able to customize it as many times as you want every time you change your mind. But paid membership is something we do not have plans for at the moment. Also once you create a customized version based on your template request, I don't see the reason for you to go back and change something else over and over again every few weeks!! What are the chances of that? Even if you do that, you dont need to pay $75 every time if its very minor changes in the future and I may be able to offer you a much discounted rate for small edits based on the time it took me to do those edits. If that's how it is for you and you can't afford that much, send me an email with your offer and I will try and help you out.
"I ended up taking your format and creating my own file with the changes... time consuming but much more cheaper."

Very well..so now you can understand the "time consuming" part. So don't you think its also "time consuming" for us too and thats why there is a fee for creating personalized forms? I guess creating your own template will be the alternative if you are not able to get a personalized form. Although you can copy these format designs, you are still not going to be able to create interactive pdf forms like online tools unless you are a computer programmer or have knowledge in javascript and other scripting languages. So if the simple "word" format with no functionality does if for you, then creating your own design in MS Word will be the other alternative. Like you said it yourself, it is "time consuming"!

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 pm

wow can't believe some people! Thumbs up to admin, l.a and aussie childcare network! this website is god sent and its a huge asset for all childcare workers and educators. I am sure many agrees with me too so dont stop what you are doing! thumbs up :thumbup:

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Completely agree with KatG73 - this website & its forms & ideas is a godsend for so many people and we are all appreciative of the effort you go to to for all :)

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 pm

I think 75 dollars is so reasonable for what you guys do. Chantelr should check out what other places charge for much less than what this site offers.
Totally with you cathiek

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 pm

This is the weekly programming template i use :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 pm

this is what the program looks like when its getting coded and icons used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

Post by hotpies2006 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:48 am

hi i like how you do your program just wondering but in the colums LO is that the learning outcomes for eylf and where you have QA are they the quality areas, alittle confused as when i match them to th eylf learning outcomes and quality areas does not make sense to me, am i missing something mmm could you explain it to me because i really like your format cheers

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:37 am

:) im glad you like it, ive tried to simplify programming for myself and my coworkers as best i can.

LO - learning outcome (EYLF)
QA - quality areas (NQF - i think) its in the big book from the department, with the quality improvement plan

LO are the outcomes we work on reaching for each child.
then the QA is what we get marked on through accreditation. when the department lady came out she suggested we include QA so we can show that we are reflecting on our practices.

ive broken down each learning outcome into number codes to make the quality areas.

Unfortunately ive left my other external at work so im unable to upload at this stage. when i go out ill go and get it for you

hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

Post by hotpies2006 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:55 am

thankyou looking forward to it

lee

Post by lee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 am

I do not use your templates but just a little confused about LO and QA. I put these codes onto the program next to each activity but do i have to put them onto learn stories and day books as well. It seems like a double up of writing to me. I was under the impression that if i analise my stories and the codes are on the program that this was ok.

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah i know its a little much sometimes. they need to be on the program :) i also add them to my learning stories and obs. just to ensure they're on there. they dont need to be on ur day book -the way the dptmnt explained it to me was that the day book is the parents program

lee

Post by lee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 am

i just feel like its a double up of writing . If its on your program, lets say about a song and you put the Lo next to it why then when writing a learning story about the song do you have to put the Lo there as well. Just seems like a waste of time.

Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Post by Miss Kerry » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:59 am

Have recently come across this site and am totally in awe, it's amazing! Thank you so much for all the time and effort you have put into creating and sharing templates, samples and videos.

Just curious if the learning story and observation templates could me modified slightly to allow us to write the names of our rooms? Some it's Nursery, Pre-Toddlers, Toddlers, Junior Kindy, Kindy and Kindergarten, other centres it's Joeys, Koalas or by colours so think the easiest thing would be for us the be able to write our own.

If this slight modification could be made then you would be making a whole lot of people smile, and making the templates even more awesome :-).

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi Miss Kerry,

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding the site and the EYLF documentation we have available we really do appreciate it. :)

If you want you can create a personalized form for your centre which is $75/ per form, depending on the modifications you want done.

Or if you just want to use the same templates available for free and just wanting to change the name of the room, you can do this just by typing the room name in the "room field" rather than using the drop down box to select the name of the room. This can be done for both learning story and observation templates. This also gives you the option to type in whatever room name you want directly.

Hope This Helps,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Post by Miss Kerry » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks you L.A for your reply.

I have just now tried again and I am able to write the name of the room for all of the curriculum plans and for the daily reflection, but not for the learning story or observation templates.

We have only just begun trailing these formats and I have already requested the centre owner pay for any of the forms we need - obviously we just have to wait for them to see how great it looks and hopefully then they will be willing to pay :-)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Hey Miss Kerry,

Yes you're right, I just tested it and for the learning stories and observations you cant write the name in the field....it used to work in the previous version. No worries, thanks for letting me know. We will update this over the coming week so you can type in the room name in the room fields for these templates as well.

In regards with the personalized forms for your centre, if your centre does end up purchasing it, you can do a lot more customization just for your centre based on your requirements such as adding room names etc....and also your centre logo will be nicely embedded in these templates too. It's up to you... Just another option if you dont want to use the default free ones available... Just send Admin an email whenever you are ready and we will customize it for you.

In the mean time, once the templates settings are updated, we will post an update in the "Online Tools - Site Update" topic.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Post by Miss Kerry » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:34 pm

thank you so much for the quick reply.

You're totally awesome L.A.

Will be getting everyone in to look at how awesome my programming looks thanks to you.

I'm am highly reccomending our centres buy the formats and have already passed the website details onto other centre directors I know to recommend they also purchase the templates :-).

Angellhart
Participator
Participator

Post by Angellhart » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Great topic with alot of help. We implemented the EYLF before in was compulsory so by the time it came around we all knew what we were doing and had time to figure out what worked and what didnt.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Miss Kerry wrote:I have just now tried again and I am able to write the name of the room for all of the curriculum plans and for the daily reflection, but not for the learning story or observation templates.
Hi Miss Kerry,

It's fixed now. You can now type in your room names in all templates.

Cheers,
L.A

Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Post by Miss Kerry » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 pm

L.A wrote: Hi Miss Kerry,

It's fixed now. You can now type in your room names in all templates.

Cheers,
L.A
Thank you so much :clap: