EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

just a quick question, regarding learning stories, do we have to do an evaluation at the end like the observations???? so once we decide 'whats next' for the child or children we evaluate on what happened yeah??

This is just a quick one... With the learning story you do evaluate what happened and describe what the children learnt through the experience.. Best to have a look at the evidence of learning outcomes in the "educators guide" to give you examples of what you can write in the evaluation.

I'll be back in a few days with an update on "Online Tools"...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

justathought
Participator
Participator

Post by justathought » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 am

I dont beleive we are in jobs that we need to have the stress and tears about paper work what about the children do they need to see us strees because the validator is coming and our paper work is not up to date because in all reality you wont have it all done when you have 70 children pass through your room in a week. Im glad I handed in my resignation because the strees was taking its toll and I can now forget about worrying about paperwork, now I can let my hair down.
Ill drink to that :beer:
Merry Christmas everyone.

Lorina

Re: ONLINE TOOLS: Long Day Care Centre Documentations - Screenshots

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Everyone!

I hope most of you are enjoying a well deserved break!

Here are some screenshots of the new programming documentations styles & formats for Long daycare centres. These will be available as part of our 'Online EYLF Tools' which are coming soon:

I) The Curriculum Plan Documentation:

Style 1: "Play Based Learning" Format

• Daily Curriculum Plan
  • Weekly Curriculum Plan

Style 2: "Learning Outcomes" Based Format

• Daily Curriculum Plan
  • Weekly Curriculum Plan

II) Reflections of our Day:

III) Learning Stories:

I hope you like it..

Please note that these are just screenshots and the above documentations are not yet released in this site. Further updates will be posted regarding this release.

L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Goodness me you are an amazing woman!

Cant wait to get my grubby hands on these!!

teresamc

Post by teresamc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 pm

LA,
These are all good and the "Reflections of our Day" and "Learning Stories" formats were the most interesting. Am I right in thinking that they will be editable on-line? Or will a person need to print it out and fill in it. I'm pretty sure it is the former and if so I am even more excited because they will have such a professional look! If you need someone to play around with samples or to have a go at filling one out to see how it goes let me know.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you LindyT and tess for your feedback. Its great to hear your opinions..
These are all good and the "Reflections of our Day" and "Learning Stories" formats were the most interesting.

I totally agree. I love these new formats. With this new online tool version, it should make these documents even easier. If you had noticed, the whole style of 'the reflections of our day' has been changed from what I had previously in this site. As for the "reflections of our day" I wanted a format that easily links the EYLF into it. The same goes for the "curriculum plan" as well.
Am I right in thinking that they will be editable on-line? Or will a person need to print it out and fill in it.

Yes. These will all be editable online. It also has a lot more functions in the form itself. For example, you can easily import photos from your computer (like the photos you take during the day activity etc..) and this will then resize your photo and easily added to the learning story or the reflection of our day. The rest, you can simply type and finalize it in the end when you are ready to print out. So I think, with this method it should be a lot easier than printing it and writing it. Especially adding the photo bit..I always find it that it wastes a bit of time having to re-size & print the photo, cutting it and then pasting it to the documents.
I'm pretty sure it is the former and if so I am even more excited because they will have such a professional look!

Yeah I agree.. I also think that the new documentation styles are a big improvement from the previous one I have now on this site. The online tool version is I think the next step forward. To add a more professional look, you can also add your centre logo, etc to the form and any centres can easily use this template if they like. And yeah...it will always remain free.
If you need someone to play around with samples or to have a go at filling one out to see how it goes let me know.

Thank you for that. A beta version of this online tool will soon be released to our support team members for basic testing of its functions. Once its good to go, it will be released to all users. At this stage, there will be a separate open forum for everyone to discuss on ways to improve this online tools etc..So I welcome everyone to play around with these samples and please do share your feedback and suggestions.

L.A

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:22 am

Wow L A this is like a good novel you cant put down. I look forward to the new online tool,sounds fantastic.
Grandma

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:10 pm

LA you are a genius
These look really good and I cannot wait to get to use the real thing.
I know plenty of people at work who will love these as they have had such a hard time with programming and have no idea how to go about this.
Cannot wait to get to play around with these :)

Sonja

Post by Sonja » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:16 pm

L.A, Thank you so much for all the hard work and time you have invested into creating these fantastic tools! You are helping to make our jobs a whole lot easier when it comes to the EYLF, and I for one, am very grateful! You deserve a medal!!
Cheers, Sonja

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks LA - they look amazing. I have found so many useful things on this site & it is great to see them being updated and refined (particularly in line with the EYLF!) Can't wait till it is all online.
Thanks again - perhaps a break for you for a while now?????
Cathie
:thumbup:

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 pm

L.A take a break?? Don't think she knows how lol

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for all your comments on the screenshots… I really appreciate it!

ATM – no time for a break especially when I’m on a mission to get the online tools done and completed within the first couple weeks of January (fingers crossed). I can’t wait until you all actually get to use the online tools and hopefully find it very user-friendly and interactive… Now, I'm busy getting the tutorials and other documentations ready...

L.A

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:41 pm

How can I have a copy to work with? I've made a program template myself and am always looking to improve.

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 pm

:)
These are amazing. i'm forever making new templates and what forms for my room and centre.
Always looking for ways to simplify yet have have a professional look about it.

Thank you!

it's great to see other educators as invested as I am.

xx

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi LA, The final product looks very very nice. It has a good professional look to it and I like how you have added the learning outcomes to each of the documents. The curriculum plan is a big improvement and adding the learning outcomes as headings is also a good idea. In the reflection of our day I especially like this format since you have now included photos to it and have added the linking onto this document as well. I also love the final learning stories style. Big improvement from the previous version I saw during development. It's all very well thought out and from what I understand it's going to a life saver for some childcare workers out there! I am definitely gonna be using this at work once its out. :thumbup:
by Miss_Annette
How can I have a copy to work with? I've made a program template myself and am always looking to improve

The copies are on the way. You will be able to use them once they are available here in this site. L.A will keep us updated in this topic. But you can see some screenshots here(click on the screenshot to see the preview image).

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Wow I jus waned to add my thanks to L.A you are ruly amazing thanks for all your help!!

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm

:) SO excited about using this new documents you've come up with L.A.
How long do u think until we can start using them?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 pm

How long do u think until we can start using them?

I should have an ETA by this weekend.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm

wooo hooo
CANNOT wait

LindyT
Coach
Coach