EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jrw60
Participator
Participator

Re: EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Post by jrw60 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:12 am

It's a bit like waiting for an overdue baby to arrive - can't wait!!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 am

Should we do a programming shower??
If so what do we 'give' it lol

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Great news I cant wait!! I am throwing a baby shower Sunday for my daughter so we might have a double celebration.
Well done

lisa1980

Post by lisa1980 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm

HI L.A

can you please post up your self evaluation questions that you have that we can use for the daily reflecttion. that would be great thanks so much.

also when evaluating childrens observations and learning strories ( after you have reviewed their learning and implemented expreinces for them) what sort of information do we write in the evaluation section? is there an evaluatin section for learning stories as well as the directed/ photo obs?

i know you write your evalutions in the daily diary but im doing mine seperate for each ob and learning story if that makes sense. my daily diary is about the day in general....

hope you can help me

thanks

Lisa xxx

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi All,

Wow this is alot of great feedback and you haven't even used them yet! LOL! It's really good to hear that you all are happy and excited with what I have come up with so far. I really do appreciate the comments and it puts a smile on my face! I just hope that all my hard work has paid off! I created this documentation to make it simplier for you to implement EYLF at your centre in a clear and simple way. LIke I always say EYLF doesn't have to take so much time and cause so much stress and I hope that my documentation proves this. So all I'm asking thast you give it a go and please let me know what you think once you start using them at your centre.

I'll be in touch in relation to the online tools. :thumbup:

Hi Lisa,
can you please post up your self evaluation questions that you have that we can use for the daily reflecttion. that would be great thanks so much
Sorry Lisa but I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean like a list of questions to ask yourself when writing up the daily reflection so you don't miss out on anything? I don't use a self evaluation when writing up the dialy dairy... let me know what you mean and I'll see what I can do.
is there an evaluatin section for learning stories as well as the directed/ photo obs?

Yeah, there is an evaluation for both of these documents. Instead of using evaluation, the term (according to the EYLF) is analysis of learning (which is basically the same as evaluation). LOL!! Anyways, with the analysis of learning you could add onto the previous Learning Outcomes and explain what the child has learnt from the follow up experience. One of the best ways to do this is to use the "evidence of learning" from the booklet Educators Guide. Just choose the learning outcomes which applies and using the "evidence of learning" for each specific Learning Outcome you can include this into the evaluation, depending on if the child has completed the goal.
im doing mine seperate for each ob and learning story if that makes sense. my daily diary is about the day in general...
I know what you mean. I have also included the analysis of learning onto the learning stories and obs because if I just leave it in the daily diary i feel as if it gets lossed in the documentation. So i think it's also good to add the evaluation to those other documents.

Hopefully this answers your questions,

Cheers :geek:.
L.A

hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

Post by hotpies2006 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 am

wow this is very exciting cant wait a big thankyou to you LA :clap:

lisa1980

Post by lisa1980 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:36 pm

hi yeh i meant the list of questions you ask yourself when writing up the daily diary and the learning story analyis if you have any

thanks
lisa

Jeffnae

Post by Jeffnae » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi :wave:

I just have a question to ask, I am currently completing a spontaneous Observation on the child, then from what we plan in the Whats Next iI follow up with a Learning story. Can any one tell me if i have to evaluate the learning story and observation? I am Hoping not. :roll:

I have changed the way i do things this year and it made me think maybe i was not doing it correctly. :giggle:

Hope that makes sense.

Renae

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Lisa,

ATM - I don't use any sort of questions but all you need to do is write down what happened in your room during the day. If you want you can split your daily diary into sections by adding sub headings if it makes it easier for you. You could have Indoor Play, Outdoor Play, Group Time and then under these headings write up what happened in these areas. Even though I don't have any questions to share with you it's something I can consider coming up with in the future if it will help others out. So, thanks for sharing that idea.

Hi Renae,

Just a quick question...In your spontaneous observation do you include any of the Learning Outcomes? Because if you add Learning Outcomes to the observation this is basically an evaluation so if you just include a couple learning outcomes on the observation and the learning story this I think should be good enough.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Riro

Post by Riro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi, just new on here, very useful!! Just wondering where can i find the daily and weekly editable formats? i saw them to come in the online tools section but cannot find them...

Jeffnae

Post by Jeffnae » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi L.A :wave:

thanks for the response,My spontaneous Observations include the Ob the outcome(s), reflection and where to next...

Then I have my learning stories which have photos. Learning outcome(s) and anaysis. and the Principle and Practices..
But was unsure if i need to include any more on the learning story, I dont have a where to next part on Learning stories if i previosely have a sponatenous ob. As this is the follow on.. If that makes sense...

I think it may be ok But you never know LOL :lol:

Renae

Lorina

Re: Online Tools v0.0.1 Beta Released!

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update - The beta version of Online Tools has just been released to our Support Team members only for testing purposes. If everything goes well the final release of these tools should be available to all users in a day or 2. I'll keep you all updated.

L.A

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Woo-hoo LA - can't wait to see the final release. Thanks heaps for all your hard work :)
It is great to be able to share resources and ideas with one another.
Cheers
CAthiek

hotpies2006
Participator
Participator

Post by hotpies2006 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:10 pm

this sounds very excting cant wait to see it thanks so much :thumbup:

Glennis

Post by Glennis » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:42 pm

I have just spent the day reading all the information about EYLF programming and planning and thoroughly enjoyed all the chats that have been placed here. I look forward to your fabulous online resources and thank you for all the time and energy you are putting into making our EYLF lives easier. It will be fabulous to have a resource that will work across early childhood service types.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

The wait is finally over!!!! I'm so excited to announce that the Online Tools has now been launched! I really hope that the Online Tools will help you out in managing your EYLF documentation! So, go ahead, check it out!

For more information, click on the following link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=31&t=849

L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 am

Enjoy them everyone ... we all had lots of fun testing them and they will become and integral part of your programming and daily paperwork, except now its 100 times easier YAY

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

I totally agree it was fun.

Probably not for L.A and admin tho lol

Make sure you leave feedback so we know how you all found the new tools.

3 cheers for L.A and Admin!
Woot Woot Woot!!

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Absolutely wonderful. LA and admin staff, congratulations. you have made life a whole lot better for many childcare workers.
I hope all out there donate to this great site
grandma

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback!! I'm happy to hear that you are all so excited about using the online tools. Just a heads up - for any questions, support or comments regarding the online tools please post in the following forum topic:

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=31&t=849

L.A