EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kylie smiley

Re: EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Post by kylie smiley » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 am

Dear L.A and team,

Thank you so much for writing the article, and having those samples especially, on the EYLF programming and planning. Even reading through the Belonging, Being and Becoming guide origionally set to explain the EYLF is more confusing and doesn;t make it clear on how our programming needs to be. Your site has made things alot clearer and reading over it in a few nights has made it more clearer than what I had been reading over the past few months! I really appreciate how you have helped us as Educators. As I have completed my Diloma in the previous NSW Curriculum it is difficult for me to get my head around this new curriculum, since I had spent so many years on the old one. What I am needing now, if possible, with your Daily or Weekly Curriculum plan with the Learning Outcomes as headings, could you have a sample page for them showing examples of activities in each Learning outcome? This would be a great help as a basis of what to look for.
Thank you again though it has been a great insite to the new EYLF!
Cheers,
Kylz

pamela-leigh

Post by pamela-leigh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 pm

L.A. and team,
Last year I attended a few programming workshops. They all had their own 'idea' on how to program, and all of them were tried, tested and failed in my workplace. Each workshop I attended only confused me more about how to plan.
After being a member of your site for no more than 3 months, I feel like I have learnt more about EYLF programming through this site than from accredited EYLF workshops that my employer and myself have paid a lot of money on.
Have you thought about starting up your own workshops? You seem to be able to explain EYLF in the easiest way. You have great ideas on planning and documenting!
There are a lot of people out there that would love to attend a workshop that would actually help (and not hinder) ... and would pay good money for your insights and ideas!!!
Just a suggestion
If you do start up a workshop... count me in!!!

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:09 pm

I second that Pamela-Leigh ...... count me in aswell :-))

dEBBIEk

Post by dEBBIEk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 am

Fantastic idea!!! .... count me in too

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Kylie,

I really appreciate your comments. Thanks so much for letting me know that my article and samples have helped you out!
Your site has made things alot clearer and reading over it in a few nights has made it more clearer than what I had been reading over the past few months

Sometimes you just need someone to explain in a simple way without it being all "ladida”! :giggle: I felt the same way as you when I began looking into the EYLF, they made IT way too hard for some Educators to understand so I thought I would simplify it and I’m happy to hear that it has helped you.
What I am needing now, if possible, with your Daily or Weekly Curriculum plan with the Learning Outcomes as headings, could you have a sample page for them showing examples of activities in each Learning outcome? This would be a great help as a basis of what to look for.

No problem… I’ll try to do this over the next few days.

Hi Pamela,
Have you thought about starting up your own workshops? You seem to be able to explain EYLF in the easiest way.

It seems like you started a popular trend of wanting to attend an AussieChildcareNetwork workshop... :giggle: My tour will begin with your centre! LOL… It is a good idea but whatever information I can present in a workshop I can also do here on the site, I just want to share with others of what I have learnt.

You have great ideas on planning and documenting!

I’ve always had an interest in documentation so I guess that’s why I can design something simple for all of us to use which incorporates the EYLF…

I thank you and everyone else for their support and I’m glad I’m making things easier for all of you.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

dEBBIEk

Post by dEBBIEk » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Dearest L,A
My deepest gratitude for all your hard work of explaining and providing the tools and guidance that we can all understand - I have shown my Group Leaders and they are all very excited and can see yours is far superior to the one we are doing. At this time we are stuck with doing another on line programming that the boss pays good money for and it doesn't measure up compared to yours. We are very restricted, do alot of click and tick, flipping back and forwards, I could go on for every... and general consensus is we are all totally bored with it. I am so glad I found this site and strongly believe you deserve the highest praise and gratitude from all educators. Saint L.A, sound more appropriate.
Cheers
Debbie Contact Director

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Debbie,

Wow...Saint L.A :giggle: I'm speechless (which doesn't happen often)...Thank you for your kind words! I really can't thank you enough for what you have said and it makes me really happy knowing that all my hard work is starting to pay off! Just knowing that you are all excited about the documentation and understanding it puts a smile on my face!! Tha's exactly why I did it in the first place!! Thanks Debbie...MUCH APPRECIATED.

L.A

nay31

Post by nay31 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi everyone

just wonder if someone could give me some tips about programming for the nursery through using the eylf program and outcomes. I have just moved into the nursery to work?

thanks nay

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:33 pm

nay31 wrote:Hi everyone
just wonder if someone could give me some tips about programming for the nursery through using the eylf program and outcomes. I have just moved into the nursery to work?
thanks nay
I remember reading a topic about 'how to implement the EYLF with the toddlers room'. I was able to find it and I just had a read through it. I would basically use the same as the suggestions given in here if I was trying to implement EYLF in the nursery room too. When using eylf in the nursery it's about getting parent feedback and adding activities based on interests and working on developing skills... Here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... t=210#p884

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: How to Write a Learning Story

Post by admin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm

SITE UPDATE: The following article is now available for Early Childhood Professionals:

Name of the Article: Learning Story – How to write Learning Stories

Article Description: Learn how to write a Learning Story, Learning Stories examples and templates, What is a Learning Story, Analysis of Learning, Extension of Learning, Linking to EYLF, Adding Group Learning Stories to Individual Child Portfolios or Folders, How Many Learning Stories, completing a learning story, Learning Story samples and more..

Path: To read this article, go to: Resources --> Childcare Professionals --> Learning Story

URL:

Code: Select all

http://www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com/learning_story.php
[/color]

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:03 pm

More great stuff fom this site. Much appreciated. I , like Kylie, would love to see some samples of weekly and daily carriculum plans. I love visuals as they seem to inspire my thought processes.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Everyone,
grandma wrote:More great stuff fom this site. Much appreciated. I , like Kylie, would love to see some samples of weekly and daily carriculum plans. I love visuals as they seem to inspire my thought processes.

I have just uploaded the samples of completed "Online EYLF Tools" documentation templates. You can view these samples here: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... html#p4453

L.A

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Post by jrw60 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks L.A, you've done it AGAIN!! Your samples have made me feel more confident that I am on the right track. It's great to get that sort of confirmation and now I feel I can relax a little more with the paperwork sorted and just do what I love the most - have fun with the children!

fran s

Post by fran s » Tue May 01, 2012 3:24 pm

I am working in family day care and am just trying to identify exactly what is required to be in each childs portfolio each month and what particular paperwork that needs to be done each day or week specifically to meet the eylf requirements.

Yolande

Post by Yolande » Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am

Hi, I have been using these documents forlong day care for some months now and was wondering about editing some of the headings in the playbased weekly curriculum. Or maybe just leave them blank so we could input our own headings. Also I would like to see in the reflections of our day form somewhere that has principles and practices.
Thankyou again for all your great work!!

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Yolande,

Personalized Online Tools forms will be the best solution for you. The Free online tools templates will be based on the styles created by L.A so we will not be releasing a version with editable headings. But you are not limited to these templates and you can always customize these templates further for your centre. This is done using the "Personalized Forms" service that we offer. You can just email me the headings you would like to have in your template and also other changes you want to customize and I will then create a personalized version for you so you can use that. These forms will also have the default LDC version for your centre as well as your centre logo included so its a lot more easier to use. Generally is about $75/- per form to create a personalized online tools template. Since you are already a donator, I can give you a discounted rate for this.

Regarding the principles and practices for reflections of our day form, I am not sure if we will be including these changes since I need to check this with L.A and her ideas on this. We do have plans to update some of the templates in the future releases (after 0.0.3) and I will forward your request to L.A and see her take on this.

If you are interested in creating a customized version for your centre, you can Email me the info on the changes you would like and I will be happy to send you a draft copy so you can test it out.

Hope this helps.

Yolande

Post by Yolande » Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Thankyou for your prompt reply and i will definately consider the personalised forms in the future.

ChantelR

Post by ChantelR » Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 am

I dont use the EYLF but use the QKLG. I really love the formats you have but no way I could afford to fork out $75 a form to get them all changed to QKLG outcomes. My centre actually uses your templates for the rooms which use the EYLF but since my room doesnt I dont use them. Wish you could just pay to get an editable format as I would love to change some things and Im sure after using the form over time I would want to change more and would just be to expensive to pay someone another $75 to change something else every few weeks.

I ended up taking your format and creating my own file with the changes... time consuming but much more cheaper.