Answer this interview question - Your understanding of the National Regulations

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Answer this interview question - Your understanding of the National Regulations

Post by dulciean » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi- just got home from an interview. It went well enough ( I can never tell ! )
The panel asked me " explain in your own words your understanding of the National Regulations and how they operate in your role as an educator? What policies do the Regulations include?"
I answered along the lines of QIAS, NQS, and the EYLF. I talked about staffing ratios, health and hygiene, infection control, OHS/ WHS, programming standards, working with communities, physical space and cleanliness, ratings and assessments.
How would You have answered this question?
( I have been to several interviews recently, and my brain is turning mushy from all this talk about myself! Lol ) :think:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: How would YOU answer this interview question?

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 pm

How have your interviews been? Have you heard back from any of them yet?

What a question... although I guess nowadays some centre's are going to be asking questions such as these to employ educators who know what they are talking about!

I would of probably answered similar to what you mentioned...something like:

"National Regulations support the legislation and provide a variety of details to early childhood settings including LDC and FDC throughout Australia about operational requirements. As an educator the National Regulations support my role and my decisions in providing children and families with high quality care and services. The policies which are included in the Regulations are: service approvals, assessments and ratings, staffing arrangements, program and practices, health and safety, physical environment...."

I think it's so much easier to write this down then actually convey it verbally! :giggle:

:geek:,
L.A

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: Answer this interview question - Your understanding of the National Regulations

Post by dulciean » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi LA thanks for that- at least I was on the right track!
I am NOT enjoying job seeking it gets me DOWN!!!
I was offered one job but it was only 12.5 hours a week so had to decline.Then I applied for a position but discovered the centre was over an hour away- so that wasn't suitable. Another centre wanted a week's free trial . And another had me work afew casual 10 hour shifts, then decided they would prefer to hire a trainee after all.
I am waiting to hear back from two more centres- one is full time and one is casual.
I am getting soooo over it and feel like curling into a ball. I am convinced I'm too old for all of this! :wtf: :shock:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Answer this interview question - Your understanding of the N

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 am

I understand.. Job hunting can get you down and frustrated. Especially when something good isint coming along. Whats happened to Sydney now-a-days? I think its getting harder and harder every year.