Resources brought in by educators

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
meljen72

Resources brought in by educators

Post by meljen72 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:15 pm

The centre I work at has very little engaging resources for 4 to 5year old. So I bring in a lot of my resources to help keep the children engaged.

I had a meeting with HR and was told that any resources that I buy and bring in, and then these become part of the room , that these resources will now be owned by the childcare centre.
Their explanation was that children are used to them being in the room , so that means that they have to stay.

I have never been told this by the other numerous centres that I have worked in. And it seems BS.

Lorina

Re: Resources brought in by educators

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:08 pm

What a crock of s%^&!!!!

Sorry but are you kidding me?? That's the lamest excuse I have ever heard! Let's spend our own money by numeorus resources then they become the centres because the children will miss them if gone!! OMG! The excuses employers give never cease to amaze me!

If that's the case, you should be reinburst for all the resources you buy for the "centre". If they pay you for the resources then fine leave them there but if they are not even paying you dont bother...

Honestly.... :shock:

:geek:,
Lorina