so frustrated

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
smith76
Participator
Participator

so frustrated

Post by smith76 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Am so frustrated at my place of work at the moment every day there is some new stress or situation. Our director has put in her notice and the last three weeks she is either not there at all or she is talking on the phone all day long she is not fixing any problems we have . We have lots of relief staff at the centre which has been the most frustrating thing and i just find myself snapping at people and coming home stressed. Its bad enough that we have been told that we need to be doing more with our curriculum and documenting it differntly so much work to do.
The worse thing is that i have my children at the same centre as i do and there are only a couple of girls that get it we pay lots of money for good day care why should we be having lots of different relief staff who don't know our children. It makes me sick to the stomach that this centre is the way it is. Our management are aware of this and hopefully they are going to fix the problems. I am only staying because i am only 5 mins from home the hours i can work with and my eldest daughters school is only 10 mins away and my other two children i can keep an eye on. Im taking a two week break in september which i can't wait for. I just feel like that the assistants are taking over our centre and not listening to the group leaders and we are providing crap care for children when we should be striving for high quality care.

babayaga

Re: so frustrated

Post by babayaga » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Sounds a bit like my workplace - You need to put all your concerns in writing to management and they need to take action. Ultimately it is the well-being of the children that is most important -the chaos in the running of the place should be documented and sorted.
I work with people who have been at it for too long, have become dull, weary and neurotic. Very hard to suggest any changes or improvements in that kind of situation. At least you have upcoming staff changes.. Good luck.