retraining

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
carmen84

retraining

Post by carmen84 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a high school art trained teacher who has been casual teaching the past 5 years, teaching kindy through to year 12!
I can see there is more of a growth area in early childhood and would provide more work stability.
I'm 28 and thinking of what move to make next...should i do a cert 3 and then apply for jobs or apply for traineeship (which will drag on a year??)
Originally after school i did 1.5 yrs of earlychildhood teaching before swapping to art teaching and i enjoyed it but switched to the creative side.

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Lorina

Re: retraining

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:03 am

Hi Carmen,

I wonder if you can do a bridging course at uni to make you eligible to work as an ECT. You mentioned you did a year an a half in early childhood so I wonder if this can count towards a bridging course if you wanted to do it. Not too sure at all just spit balling here....

Whether or not you are choosing to do a traineeship at a centre or a certificate 3 course the typical duration is 1 year to complete the course. I think you can find some private institutes where you're able to fast track your certificate 3 in six months or less but usually this option is more expensive, although it gets you qualified in a shorter amount of time allowing you to get a qualified job quicker.

I'm sure your creativity will become in very handy when working in early childhood!

:geek:,
L.A