Childcare Administration Jobs

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
scp1

Childcare Administration Jobs

Post by scp1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know whether I need to have the certificateIII to work in the administrative area of a childcare .
I have a lot of experience and knowledge in the administrative area as I have been working almost 20 years, however I have no any experience related to childcare.

Thank you
SCP

Lorina

Re: Childcare Administration Jobs

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:30 am

Administration in childcare usually is the responsibility of the Director of the centre. To be a director you need to be Diploma qualified and now preferentially an ECT degree. It's not so much that you need to be qualified to do administration work however you need to have alot of experience and knowledge with working with children, staff and families in general and be confident in all the laws, regulations, etc that is required by early childhood centres. This is because administration for a centre is not a separate job, it's the Directors responsibility and part of their job role.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina