CHCCS400C - Aim Of Code Of Ethics

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kaaybaybee

CHCCS400C - Aim Of Code Of Ethics

Post by kaaybaybee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:52 pm

what is the aim of eca code and ethics ?

i found the page with the information on it but nowhere does it say what the aim is
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

shamsiasanctis

Re: CHCCS400C - Aim Of Code Of Ethics

Post by shamsiasanctis » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:58 am

Hi There,

I am new to the forum and have been referring to it for my oinline quiz for the diploma that i am doing in child care.
its a great platform to get help from. Hoping to get some help with my below question i am not able to relate to which code has been breached and the rest.
Appreciate the help.

Gabby is new to your workplace. You have just observed her yelling at Emilia (3 years old), telling her to hurry up and pick up the toys. Emilia has recently moved to Australia with her family, and her English is not as advanced as the other children.

While Emilia has become quite distressed and has started crying, you note Gabby’s intolerance and continual demands. Interestingly, you note that Gabby is not yelling at the other children, including her own child, Jax.

Then, the service manager walks past and you notice that Gabby’s demeanour changes immediately, to one of calm and tolerance towards all of the children.

a) Referring to the Early Childhood Australia (ECA) code of ethics, identify one (1) code that has been breached by Gabby and explain why (i.e. the behaviours she has displayed that contradict the code of ethics).

b) What actions should you take, based on the ethical responsibilities and limitations of your role as an educator?

c) How might this become a legal issue?

d) What is a possible consequence of these breaches?

e) Briefly describe what is meant by ‘conflict of interest’ and explain how it might apply in this scenario.

f) As part of the service’s response to the ethical and legal issues that have arisen, you have been asked to formally lodge a complaint against Millie. How would you proceed? (You may refer to a complaints management policy and procedure to help you answer this question).