CHCECE001 - Incorporating Cultural Groups

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Abhishre

CHCECE001 - Incorporating Cultural Groups

Post by Abhishre » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi everyone !

Feeling a bit stuck with some of my questions in the final assessment and not getting much inputs or ideas from my supervisor. Can you please help me out ?

Tge 2 contural groups I have picked to write about in my assignment are Punjabi and Irish. I am quite comfortable answering the following questions for the Punjabi Cultural group. Its the Irish one I am struggling to write about.

Q. Contact representatives from the two cultural groups to seek advice on how to incorporate knowledge of the cultural groups in your service. Also find out any requirements for sharing information, such as how and with whom the information can be shared.

A. Should I write along the lines of food, clothing, music etc. ?

Any other inputs or feedback are welcome.

Q. Describe how each group can be represented in your service curriculum.
A. I am thinking to write along the lines of celebrating their traditional festivals, incorporating their food, stories from their cultures etc.

Any other inputs or feedback are welcome.

Q. For each group, plan an activity that supports the curriculum and strengthens the cultural relationships.
A. Planning a festival experience such as Holi - Punjabi, St. Patricks day - Irish ?
Have wear your traditional attire day?

Any other ideas ?

Lorina

Re: CHCECE001 - Incorporating Cultural Groups

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:25 am

Q1: Yes, music, songs, rhymes, recipes etc.

Q2: Yes, you're right.

Q3: Yes, if you're not irish and don't have traditional attire... what can you do? Maybe wear green... learn about Ireland is another one...

:geek:,
Lorina

Abhishre

Post by Abhishre » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:24 am

Hey Lorina,

Thank you for your response. It was certainly useful to know that I am on the right track.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 am

You're welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina