placement assignments

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kazvan

placement assignments

Post by kazvan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 pm

hi everyone just a question with my placement i have picked 2 policies that i have to write about but cant find answer to second question it is how are the policys monitored and implemented
and also one of my other placement assignments is about medication and how it is stored now i know it should be away from the children or in fridge if it needs to be stored in fridge but i have to show what policy or regulation this is in there is nothing in my childcare centres policys about storage and have read the regulations but still cant find anything about storage of medication HELP thanks

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: placement assignments

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:04 pm

I do not know the exact regulations but I know it needs to be out of children's reach.
In my previous centre meds were kept in a locked box in a high cupboard in each room and refrigerated meds were kept in a locked container in the staff room fridge.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: placement assignments

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Parents must deliver medication to a qualified member of staff so it can be stored securely (out of children’s reach and in a sealed, labelled container) and at the recommended temperature (eg in the fridge in each room) or the allocated medical cabinet, out of reach in the kitchen areas of each room.
All prescribed medicine must have the child’s name clearly on the label and be in its original packaging. For non-prescribed medicine, parents must attach a label and print the child’s name clearly (stickers can be found in the medicine cupboard in each room