CHCIC301DInteract effectively with children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Julie

CHCIC301DInteract effectively with children

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi All just joined Forum I'm doing my course online and only go to placement one day a week, as I work full time found your site today and hope there is someone that can help with this Question?
It will be great to be able to chat with other students.
I have to give 3 examples of how different cultures and families have different expectations of children?

kessie

Re: CHCIC301DInteract effectively with children

Post by kessie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Have a think about the different cultures in your centre and what you have noticed is important to their parents. For example in a centre I work in there is a high number of Asian children. Their parents are very education orientated and some children (aged 4) practise the violin in their weekends as well as go to Chinese school. The Australian parents are usually more relaxed and try to keep a balance in the child's life - sometimes sport can be an importtant so they maybe going to gymnastics or ballet in the weekends. We have some Samoan children also who have very relaxed parents and it is important to them to involved in family events. These are some observations I have noticed - none right or wrong but this is the type of ideas they are asking you to think about? Hope this helps.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you this has been very helpful. I think I'm over thinking the questions some times.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Indian / Sri Lankan parents usually want children to work hard and are very study orientated. Sri Lankan parents are usually keen to have children learn languages/ musical instruments etc, in some ways they are very like the asians and sports and more relaxed extra curriculars are not high on the list